CrazyBoards.org

I suddenly found myself along the road

I suddenly found myself standing in the middle of a long road that led to a barn, I had no idea where I was or what I had been doing or how I'd gotten there. I had no sense of time. Nothing looked remotely familiar. I was wearing Crocs, pj bottoms a tee shirt and my barn jacet. I had work gloves held in one hand...something like surreality and a curious distant panic hit me at the same time. I tried to find some familiar land mark and there were none. I decided that I had better head out to a road and try to find a street marker. Walking seemed to take me hours and hours. Some where along the road, I realized that I had been in MY drive way and almost home. This was just really weird

I hate this

I feel like an idiot

Panz

Some where along the road, I realized that I had been in MY drive way and almost home. This was just really weird

The French have a term for this: "jamais vu"

it can be seizurey.

i guess though it would depend if an alter was out (like, even after losing time) who might not know the location, or perhaps it was from being disoriented from waking up in a different place from where you started..

i mean, most people experience deja vu once in a while, but i'm not really sure whether jamais vu is a common experience? would certainly be logical that jamais vu can happen in dissociative states, as well as during seizures. i guess.

i mean, most people experience deja vu once in a while, but i'm not really sure whether jamais vu is a common experience? would certainly be logical that jamais vu can happen in dissociative states, as well as during seizures. i guess.

I've had it precisely once. My pdoc d/c'd the medication I was on (I'd been on the way there) and said "I want you to see a neurologist, the sooner the better"

I am going to bring it up to my pdoc next time I see him. He wanted to do some tests for epilepsy anyway, since there is so much of that in my genetics. I was just thinking I should call him and relate the incidence to him. I am under a huge amount of stress right now, so that might of triggered it.

It was just a creepy experience.

Thanks for the Frence word for it, it kind of sounds better then WTF????

Panz

night terrors (even if we cant remember them) will often make us get up in the night in search of a safe place or in search of the bad guys so we can stop them. then we wake up somewhere in the house annd we don't know how we got there and sometimes we can't move either. one of the grownups says it has something to do with narcolepsy. sorry you did get scared panz.

i do that sometimes. i walk home from work and get disoriented about where i am and don't recognize home when i'm there and sometimes wander quite a while trying to find out where i'm supposed to be.

i hate it :/

abi

Archived