CrazyBoards.org

Hi all, quick question.

I'm beginning the gradual buildup of a new cocktail. The first is Lexapro to try and get the depression under some control and see how I handle it. Next week, the big guns come in one by one. Not entirely sure yet, but I'm guessing something like Abilify will be first.

Anyway, had a bad case of the wobblies the other night and got carted off to the emergency room via ambulance. Don't remember a thing, but have since seen the report and I must have just taken anything I could get my hands on seeing the toxicology. Was apparently in resus for the better part and have an interesting bruise on my sternum. I'm thinking it was a bit of Uma Thurman ala Pulp Fiction, but the notes are in doctor scribble so can't really tell. I did see that my blood pressure was in the "damn near dead" range.

Question is... when does this stuff kick in. I think I'm on about day nine now and still pretty rough. Pdoc says come in anytime I want and he'll make room. Pdoc is also at the Priory with a license to print money.

I've also noticed that if I take it in the day I get massive heartburn, but nighttime seems to be ok.

Any thoughts?

By the way, overdose patients get put in a ward with people who are "really" sick and summarily ignored in this country. I did get asked if I wanted a cup of tea about a million times of course. The heart monitor kept popping off it's little plug things and bleeping loudly and no one came. I just hooked it back up myself in any old order to shut it up.

How much Lexapro are you taking?

It is supposed to start working within a couple of weeks, but I started out too low (5mg) and it didn't do anything until I was at 20mg. Most people start and maintain at 10mg, but I guess I've been taking this crap for so many years I keep having to go up, up, up! Sheesh.

Hi Roos,

I've never been on Lexapro, so I can't help with your specific question, but just wanted to sympathize with your recent experience. Jeez! Though I have to admit it's funny that some Brits seem to think tea will cure mental illness, as apparently it does everything else. ;)

Are you doing better now? Have you stuck it out with the Lexapro, or switched to something else? How about giving us an update when you can. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I've been on lexapro for 1 1/2 years. I had the heartburn as well as head ache they went away over teim. It works really good for me. It started working after a few weeks. I have anxiety though so for depression might be a slower go... Good luck!

Hi all, quick question.

I'm beginning the gradual buildup of a new cocktail. The first is Lexapro to try and get the depression under some control and see how I handle it. Next week, the big guns come in one by one. Not entirely sure yet, but I'm guessing something like Abilify will be first.

Anyway, had a bad case of the wobblies the other night and got carted off to the emergency room via ambulance. Don't remember a thing, but have since seen the report and I must have just taken anything I could get my hands on seeing the toxicology. Was apparently in resus for the better part and have an interesting bruise on my sternum. I'm thinking it was a bit of Uma Thurman ala Pulp Fiction, but the notes are in doctor scribble so can't really tell. I did see that my blood pressure was in the "damn near dead" range.

Question is... when does this stuff kick in. I think I'm on about day nine now and still pretty rough. Pdoc says come in anytime I want and he'll make room. Pdoc is also at the Priory with a license to print money.

I've also noticed that if I take it in the day I get massive heartburn, but nighttime seems to be ok.

Any thoughts?

By the way, overdose patients get put in a ward with people who are "really" sick and summarily ignored in this country. I did get asked if I wanted a cup of tea about a million times of course. The heart monitor kept popping off it's little plug things and bleeping loudly and no one came. I just hooked it back up myself in any old order to shut it up.

Archived