CrazyBoards.org

going overseas - with panic disorder

Guest wuzza

Guest wuzza

Just wondering how people go when travelling if they get panic attacks or have hardcore anxiety... ive got a trip planned adn before i know it its around the corner and im freaking out i will have a panic attack on the plane or while i am away..

has anyone else travelled with anxiety? Howd it go? Did u forget about your anxiety because you were busy/having fun or did it get worse because you were away from your comfort zone/home? The country i am travelling to is not known for its peice and quiet lets just say that!!! ergghh im scared shitless but i think ill feel worse/depressed if i back out of it. I will be travelling alone for part of the trip for the first time.

thoughts?

Just wondering how people go when travelling if they get panic attacks or have hardcore anxiety... ive got a trip planned adn before i know it its around the corner and im freaking out i will have a panic attack on the plane or while i am away..

has anyone else travelled with anxiety? Howd it go? Did u forget about your anxiety because you were busy/having fun or did it get worse because you were away from your comfort zone/home? The country i am travelling to is not known for its peice and quiet lets just say that!!! ergghh im scared shitless but i think ill feel worse/depressed if i back out of it. I will be travelling alone for part of the trip for the first time.

thoughts?

Think of it as a privilege - not everyone gets to travel. Try -

- headphones with music you love or relaxation music

- meditation

- benzos if you are prescribed them

Air travel is statistically much safer than driving a car or crossing the road as a pedestrian! Good luck I hope you enjoy it.

Archived