CrazyBoards.org

Apathy can suck. Have you recently added or tapered down any meds? Could a nasty virus be coming? Just some thoughts. How old are you and did this just happen recently or has it been years? You may need intensive therapy to get to your core. Some of us have harder shells than others, due to a number of factors. Talk to tdoc or pdoc about it, they've no doubt heard it all and they may be able to crack the code, so to speak.

well when i feel empty i usually attribute some of it to the depression and some of it to the ssri's effects. i think your mind prunes back some of those sensory receptors to spare you from the full pain of depression, and ssri's do a good job of stuffing back the emotional sensitivity that in the best of times can make life worth living. so its a hard balance to preserve. i've frequently gone off meds just to feel ANYTHING, and then the pain and emotional sensitivity overloads my system again. i think you just have to realize that you don't gain victory over depression overnight. you constantly have to learn little ways to improve your life. its good at least the stress is low, but i hear you on feeling empty even when (in my cases, the blessed few instances) the stress subsides.

• 3 weeks later...

i feel empty also. this has been going on and off all week. i take lexapro 10mg in the morning and feel happy by 5ish im empty,depressed and feel like cutting myself. i see the pdoc next week. feeling empty to me is both detaching, avoiding issues and feeling depressed. cutting to me is to feel something other than depression. i dont do drugs or drink alcohol so cutting is what i try not to do. usually i write in my journal and it helps a little.

lexapro 10mg every morning

klonopin 0.5mg twice a day; 1mg at night

risperdal 1mg at night

Archived