CrazyBoards.org

It's always there

I haven't cut for 39 days, I'm hoping I won't ever again, but for some reason in the last couple of weeks it seems like all I can think about is SI. I crave it like I crave cigarettes or food. I find myself craving alcohol too, partly because getting drunk alone often leads to cutting for me. My mood has been fairly stable but I'm still plagued by these thoughts and I don't know how to get rid of them.

I really want to quit and I'm putting in all my coping mechanisms, so far I haven't succumbed to the temptation but it's just baffling me. It's as if SI is a drug and I'm going through withdrawal. Is it possible to get addicted to cutting?

I'm hoping this is a temporary thing and the thoughts will subside soon. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

I really want to quit and I'm putting in all my coping mechanisms, so far I haven't succumbed to the temptation but it's just baffling me. It's as if SI is a drug and I'm going through withdrawal. Is it possible to get addicted to cutting?

Hell yeah it's addictive! I've often found myself cutting and realizing afterwards that I only did it 'cause I was bored.

I've been cutting again for the last month or so. Prior to that I had been abstinent (sp?) for over two years. Man I'm so not in a position to be giving advice, but ...

Don't worry about not cutting ever again, just worry about not cutting today. Best advice I ever got. God I feel like a hipocrit.

Hope it works out well for you, keep it up!

Archived