CrazyBoards.org

In the past I've been able to get onto Undernet using Trillian, but that stopped working, and after a lot of trial and error I switched to Leaf, which worked until a day or two ago. The crazyboards chat doesn't work for me. At previous times I've tried disabling my firewall altogether, and that did not fix the problem. I've also tried ChatZilla with no success. I use ZoneAlarm instead of Windows Firewall, and I try connecting to different ports, not just 6667. Tonight I installed and tried to connect with Bersirc, IceChat, Klient, TurboIRC, and Visual IRC, figuring that at least one of them had to work.

I'm stumped. I can do complicated things with step-by-step instructions, and easy things on my own, but I don't know how to figure out what's causing this. I'm guessing it's probably some program I run, but if it's not ZoneAlarm, I don't know what it could be.

um.

is your subject 10053 errors or whatever, is that the number of errors, so to speak, or the error code? what's generating that error code, if it is an error code?

maybe it's an identd setting or something. i had a shit time trying to get on with mIRC before i sort of figured out the identd stuff. and other stuff.

It's an error code that can mean almost anything, unfortunately.

I had the identd thing in Leaf, but I forgot to change it in the new ones. I will try that.

but yeah, it does feel like 10053 errors have happened.

mIRC worked for a while then stopped, too. Maybe some of this will start spontaneously working eventually.

after all that over the past year or two it looks like it's my university's anti-virus software.

I'm guessing there was something in the last batch of updates that broke it for leaf in addition to everything else.

yay, chat!

Archived