CrazyBoards.org

Certified Nurses Assistant

I will be starting a cna class in august. Im not really nervous about the class. But I am nervous about working afterwards.

Its it a highly stressful job? Is it demanding.

Any insights or comments are welcome

thank you

selene

Not speaking from a "professional" POV here, but... it's certainly demanding, and, I expect stressful. After all, just look at the duties you will be doingpeople will depend on you!

Aside from that. The real question is: will it be rewarding? Do you think you would like coming to work everyday? See, people I work with, well...they don't seem to realize they come in at 8 and leave at 5. They internalize all this crap at work and you can see steam coming off their heads...lately one gal has started crying at various times. I just want to scream "C'mon people! Yiou're just issung permits! What could happen, a truck takes out a bridge?" (um...I think that actually may have happened last week...)

Anyways. Just make sure you know what it is you'd be walking in to. Know what you could get out of it. Try to find out how likely it is you will get what you want. And remember:there are different stressors. I feel stressed at work sometimes, but it's a good productive stress. In a past job, all my stress came from my boss and coworkers. Bad stress! Know what sets you off--and try to avoid it.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be starting a cna class in august. Im not really nervous about the class. But I am nervous about working afterwards.

Its it a highly stressful job? Is it demanding.

Any insights or comments are welcome

thank you

selene

I worked as a certified home health aide ten years ago and loved it. It can be physically demanding but I worked for people in their homes, so I didnt have any other people to deal with other than the patient. If you work in a hospital or nursing home, I suppose the stress level is higher because you have more patients, and deal with a nursing staff and families. As far as being too stressful, everybody is different. I could handle working for someone privately but not in a nursing home or other facility. The only way you will know is to try it.

Archived