CrazyBoards.org

I feel sad

I am pretty sure that my ex (we just broke up this week) and I weren't compatible with each other. It was basically an issue of life goals, and also that he is planning to move to another city before the end of the year and I didn't really seem to fit into his plans. However, there are so many things I will miss about him. For instance, I am usually somewhat shy and standoffish--but miraculously we had a kissy, huggy, hang-all-over-each-other type of relationship. I miss the stubble on his cheeks. I miss how he would always greet me with "hello, beautiful."

I guess what I'm saying is that when you date someone there are all of these little things that you love about them, and after you break up there are things that painfully remind you of them. My head says we did the right thing by breaking up, but my heart is hurting.

I'm also hurting because I feel that I was just starting to really be into him. It's like as soon as I let my guard down and started to believe that maybe I could be happy and have someone in my life, boom, it's over.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it hurts now, but soon, yes, very soon you will be feeling much , much better. Don't give-up the fight and don't think that because ONE guy out of gizzilion isn't compatable with you that none are. You will have your day and you will find your man. Just think of how ugly his sex-face was and I'm sure you'll be on your way. Maybe it's just the company of a PARTNER that you miss, and not actually him? ;)

I am sorry to hear about your break-up. Break-ups suck.

However, there is nothing wrong with believing you can be happy and have someone in your life!

It's just not him. And it sounds like that is for the best. Seems like he was too selfish for a serious relationship.

At least now you know you are capable of affection, and now you can look forward to having that with someone who appreciates you and who values commitment. xo

Archived