CrazyBoards.org

talking to my pdoc?

Hey

I have a serious problem talking to my pdoc. I'm absolutely terrified of him. I know maybe its a sign that I should get another one? but think I would have the same problem anywhwere so not sure? my tdoc has spoken to him as well with this regard and even he admitted to her that he's batteling. i get into a total panic when i'm there and can''t tell him anything and don't think he'll believe me. Tried the whole writting it down, but still can't bring myself to hand anything over or get it out. freak out about talking to anyone. , just walk in there, say im fine when im clearly not and stare at the wall! walk away more strectched and desprit then when i went in.

got any tips?

this is an area that i really need to work on!

thank

Writing it down is a good way to get it across to him. I'd say working on that is important. What does your tdoc have to say to you? Have you tried talking about that with your psychiatrist? That you aren't trying to be difficult, but that it is difficult for you to tell him what is going on. If it would be easier for him to ask you more questions and guide the conversation more, tell him that.

I know it is very nerve wracking to start seeing a new psychiatrist, especially when you are afraid they won't believe you. You have to make the step of writing it out and giving it to them which is HARD. But after that, they can be more hlepful to you. That is what they are there for. To listen to what you have to say and help you, not to judge you.

Even if you can only start with something small, start with that. The littlest thing that you think you need to tell him. Maybe it will be easier to go step by step instead of putting all of this pressure on yourself to tell EVERYTHING.

Writing it down is a good way to get it across to him. I'd say working on that is important. What does your tdoc have to say to you? Have you tried talking about that with your psychiatrist? That you aren't trying to be difficult, but that it is difficult for you to tell him what is going on. If it would be easier for him to ask you more questions and guide the conversation more, tell him that.

I know it is very nerve wracking to start seeing a new psychiatrist, especially when you are afraid they won't believe you. You have to make the step of writing it out and giving it to them which is HARD. But after that, they can be more hlepful to you. That is what they are there for. To listen to what you have to say and help you, not to judge you.

Even if you can only start with something small, start with that. The littlest thing that you think you need to tell him. Maybe it will be easier to go step by step instead of putting all of this pressure on yourself to tell EVERYTHING.

Thank you so much, i just got to go do it now!

I'v told him I find it dificult talking to him, and my tdoc has tod him that he needs to ask me spec questions but he apparently doesn't work that that way. Hes trying to be a lot friendlier. But when I just say Im fine it dont matter how how friendly you you are. Its going to take a lot of effort from me, no two ways round it it.

I think as u alsosaid, write and keep it simple, cause I've written out stuff before and then freaked out because i thought I was wrong when I got there wouldn't give it to him. So simple is good. Going in two days so, so ill start trying to gather something together, without working myself into to much of a frenzy ;)

So thanx alot! Nice just to vent, (without anyone glareing back)

hopefully it will go better this time!

luvies

Archived