CrazyBoards.org

There are certainly many other options.  I hated Tegretol.  It didn't help me at all when I was in a manic episode.  There are too many side effects.  A lot of people on this board have had great success with Lamictal as a mood stabilizer.  It helps with bipolar depression.

Kassiane is really knowledgeable as a mod, but she also really knows a lot about this topic from experience.  I hope you find her feedback helpful.

Katie B)

Is anyone using Lamictal to treat "head injury"?  I've been on Tegretol for 17 years, and maybe it's too drastic for me.  The head injury I can't change, but maybe I can change the medication.  I'm not epileptic; I'm manic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually...what really rocks for head injuries, in my experience...is KEPPRA. It cant change that you did damage. But hot DAMN is it a good dekindler. OK, so is Topamax. and so is Lamictal. But I've taken all 3, was taking Topamax when Navy and I had our accident, was plodding along...enter Keppra...BOOM...I had COGNITION! It ROCKED.

Jerod knows a guy with a head injury who it was really good for too. www.crazymeds.us/keppra.html

Any of the dekindlers will reroute somewhat, though nothing will undo the damage. I had one too, and Im going to have to live with, for example, math is GONE...what part of your head did you injure? That can be a factor.

Kassiane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi!  I dunno, numb is kinda fun, besides the pecuniary effects (losing crap that stands for money, and responsibility).  Sure, I can handle more awareness, I just don't like weakness.  -I've heard Tegretol can give me seizures if I don't titrate; can it make me manic, likewise?  -My neurologist doesn;t want to see me, anyway.  I am not her specialty.  Thanx, I'll keep on pumping.

Archived