CrazyBoards.org

yikes prozac or lexapro!

Guest Lexapro vs Prozac during pregnan

Guest Lexapro vs Prozac during pregnan

ok so I have had a veyr long and strange, some good some bad, last 1 1/2 years. I bought a house moved had a heart procedure that led to a pulmonary embolism was on blood thinners for 8 months tonight is teh first day I have not taken tehm:0) I haev been on lexapro for that 1 1/2 years changed my life I am so mcuh better I use to have very bad OCD and it is almost gone entirely. I went to teh doctor and discussed having another child, risk etc. She said she wants me to switch to prozac instead of lexapro... I'm very upset about this, although I do know ehr reasons... I just dont' wnat to stop tkaing teh lexapro, but I dont' want my future baby to have any issues.... has anyone gone through a pregnancy adn given birth on lexapro? I would appreciate your info.. Yes I know I need to tlak to my own doctor, like I am always told on webmd. BUt People are teh real evidence don't you think?

I just dont' know if prozac is better, it has been studied more, but It seems the risk, I looked up, are similar for both drugs? uggg....

thanks

Jessa

• 3 weeks later...

I know I am very late with this reply--but they are BOTH SSRI's and the latest research says they basically have the same degree of risk in preg., which is pretty small.

PM me for more info--

china

Archived