CrazyBoards.org

Bipolars aren't the only ones that need attention all the time

I have not been dx'd as bipolar (even tho I believe I may be borderline)

But I want attention all the time

Is there a difference between wanting it & needing it? ;)

i need all the time. every few weeks i have to ask nate if i'm too needy. he says i need a lot, but i'm not high maintenance over it because i always tell him my needs and don't get upset if he can't do anything about it.

so i don't think needy is the problem. i think it is expression of the needs, maybe?

anyway, what's wrong with wanting attention? primates use touch to connect.

abi

Everyone wants attention all the time. Some just hide it better than others under a veneer of false modesty. You're too. hard. on. yourself. Next time you get bold font instead of dots for emphasis, consider yourself warned. ;)

As to the rest, I think I can understand the not-having-words for it thing. It's so frustrating! But it will pass. The words will come and the harder you try to force it into words, the more of a headache you'll get and not much else (if your brain is anything like mine, anyway).

Sorry this isn't more helpful. I'm thinking of you, if that counts.

if this lasts for much longer, you may want to phone in to your pdoc and ask about if s/he's like you to adjust your meds any temporarily. sometimes mine wants me to up my abilify temporarily.

there's nothing at all wrong with needing touch and love, or loving to write. we touch and love to communicate, and write to communicate. basically, you want to get out something and get information from others. there's totally nothing wrong with that. it isn't just a bipolar thing, it is a human thing. sometimes you may feel the need more than other times, but all in all it doesn't make you needy or something. i write all the time. i write in my journal, here on crazyboards, and stories and a lot of stuff. it doesn't make me a weirdo to have a hobby i enjoy. actually, writing shows that you're intelligent and have a brain. good for you!

Archived