CrazyBoards.org

Guest Guest

Doesn't seem to think much of topomax.  Surprising as so many people on this board seem to have done so well with it. 

And on the link now...

Some good information...but

He cites a 10% risk of suicide in bipolar, which is rediculously low.

He misspells Topamax and Gabitril. Not liking them doesnt mean you cant spell them properly.

A lot of the studies he has in which those 2 and Neurontin sucked big fat donkey dick as mood stabilizers, they were used as MONOTHERAPY. For epilepsy they arent monotherapy, why the FUCK should they be expected to be for bipolar? I mean, come ON. And of course just because they dont work for random bipolar folk doesnt mean they wont REALLY help the -right- subset of bipolar folk. He seems to not want to understand this.

Kassiane

yes, I have *issues* with this chart.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That link was an excerpt from:

The Psychopharmacology of Bipolar Disorder

by Peter M. Brigham, MD

Complete text link below:

http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig/BP_pharm.html

I know absolutely nothing about the man. The information was posted purely for your amusement. I find the bulk of the material rather edifying myself.

I'm sure it must have been one of his peons that made the grammatical errors.

If you wish, you can express your displeasure directly by contacting Dr. Brigham by email at this address pmbrig@comcast.net. He stated right on his site that he enjoys getting feedback.

That link was an excerpt from:

The Psychopharmacology of Bipolar Disorder

by Peter M. Brigham, MD

I stand corrected, I erroneously gave Dr. Brigham credit for Dr. Phelps chart.

I misread the reference to Dr. Brigham's site. I however still find Dr. Brighams work good reading as well!

John

Archived