CrazyBoards.org

Bad Day....Rant

Okay. I haven't sleeped in about a week. My meds that my Dr. switched me to work for shit. He told me to start coming off the effexor but I couldn't because the head zaps FREAKED ME OUT! What the hell?

What is eating me alive today is my children. They are 4 and 2 and very good (typical) needy kids. They don't deserve what they are getting from me.

This has been my day:

Kids: MOOOOOOMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY, I want something to drink, eat, to play with, to lay down with, something to watch on T.V., to sit on your lap, no let me down........(I could go on and on but you get the picture)

Me: No, leave me alone, you just ate lunch, go to your playroom, go to your room, turn on the T.V. yourself, get off of me, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!

Kids: Mom he hit me, he spit on me, he's sitting on me, he took my toy, he bit me, he looked at me funny, he took my soccer ball, he jumped on me, ect. (Again, I could go on and on)

Me: Deal With It!

Kids: SMACK......WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Kids: MMOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Me: LEAVE ME ALONE! CANT YALL BE QUIET FOR A MINUTE?

Kids: BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Me: NO!

Kids: BUT MMMOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

and on and on and on and on............................

I want to take a flying leap off of a tall, tall building!

Thanks for letting me whine......especially if you got this far.

N.J. AKA: A Mommy on the Edge

Do you at least get some rest and relaxation tonight? Or does the mini-circus carry well on into the evening?

Is there anyone that you can call to come over for a half hour so you can have just a little bit of "me time" on days like this?

Sorry about the ruckus. And the meds.

Hope this evening is a little better.

I guess it's a little too early to explain that mommy gets sick on occasion? Although it'd make your life a lot easier, I don't know if kids aged 4 and 2 will understand... especially the 2 year old.

But you're brave to have kids....... I'm not sure if I have the guts for that.

and on and on and on and on............................

^^sounds like my mother and I. except she's the one screaming, and I'm the one saying "NO". maybe I can make a good father one day...

I don't know if this is achievable, but I find that engaging with kids by playing with them and giving them attention for a short time can actually get them set up in a game and you can gradually withdraw and get some rest and peace. Pushing them away and refusing to sort out their problems will intensify their demands and is not parenting at all. Your kids want their mom's attention. If you can't give it in any way, can you get a friend or a relative to help?

Do you at least get some rest and relaxation tonight? Or does the mini-circus carry well on into the evening?

Is there anyone that you can call to come over for a half hour so you can have just a little bit of "me time" on days like this?

I don't have anyone. My Dh leaves before they get up and comes home after they are asleep. This definately carries on into the evening and after I put them to bed (b/w 8 and 9) I have a 'work at home' job that I have to do. ;)

Sorry about the ruckus. And the meds.

Hope this evening is a little better.

Thanks!

Robitussin for kids - knocks them right out (hehehehehehe)

Don't think I haven't thought of this already. Does anyone here know what albuterol is? My daughter (who is hyper anyway) has to take it regularly for her asthma....God....it sure doesn't help my sanity!

I don't know if this is achievable, but I find that engaging with kids by playing with them and giving them attention for a short time can actually get them set up in a game and you can gradually withdraw and get some rest and peace. Pushing them away and refusing to sort out their problems will intensify their demands and is not parenting at all. Your kids want their mom's attention. If you can't give it in any way, can you get a friend or a relative to help?

Sometimes it helps to give them some attention but when suffering from brain zaps, it is almost impossible to concentrate on their hyper speed speech!

Thanks guys for the responses! I was at the end of my rope yesterday and I hope to never be in that place again (though I am sure I will be soon).

There is a 'drop in' daycare close to here but it is super expensive AND I can't get over feeling guilty about dumping them off at the 'drop in'.

N.J.

NJ, have you been listening in on our household???? We have the EXACT same conversation going on here!!! Except mine are 5 & 7, and yes, they still fight, and the 7yo (son) just loves to aggrevate his little sister. And little sister has to eat every 30 minutes, she drives me up the wall. They got into acrylic paint in my studio without me knowing, and stained their clothes and have it all over their hands. They're bitching 'cause they don't want to take a shower, and I can't stand to see them that dirty.

Somehow or another, with summertime came the idea that bedtimes are now nil. Huh? Not sure how that happened. I go to bed early and let husband deal with the son.

Just.... aaaaarghh!

Archived