CrazyBoards.org

Hi there,

I'm a new user and have been reading the site for some months before I decided to take the plunge. I am on a hefty 1000mg of Seroquel but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. It has been my saviour in the past. I don't know why it isn't working - can't sleep, can't concentrate, feel pretty manic. Has anyone else had their trusty med fade out on them...and does it ever work again? It's a scary prospect to think the med that makes you able to live again can just cut out on you. I'm using lorazepam as a helper but it doesn't really solve anything...I would be interested to hear of anyone's experience.

Cheers,

Pamito.

Hi there,

I'm a new user and have been reading the site for some months before I decided to take the plunge. I am on a hefty 1000mg of Seroquel but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. It has been my saviour in the past. I don't know why it isn't working - can't sleep, can't concentrate, feel pretty manic. Has anyone else had their trusty med fade out on them...and does it ever work again? It's a scary prospect to think the med that makes you able to live again can just cut out on you. I'm using lorazepam as a helper but it doesn't really solve anything...I would be interested to hear of anyone's experience.

Cheers,

Pamito.

At my height of seroquel usage I was on 1500mg/day. Due to weight gain and drowsiness I have changed to an abilify regimen with zyprexa prn.

I found seroquel effective at the 1200mg level and above. Everyone is different though - some people seem to get by on 25mg.

Archived