CrazyBoards.org

debilitating anxiety

my anxiety is so bad lately that i have stopped having a life, it prevents me from talking to people, going out of the house, even leaving my bedroom. i stopped work and school and get horrible panic attacks when i even think about having to go out. is there any medications anyone found to help severe anxiety?I've been on ativan, klonipin, visteral, lorezepam all without any real relief. I also suffer from bi-polar and schizoaffrective disorder with psychotic episodes, delusions, halluciantions, voices and paranoia. I haven't had a psycotic episode in about 5 months, so right now I am ok there, its just the anxiety and fear of going out really bothering me right now. any response will be greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading this.

[Edit: corrected title spelling. a.m. }

Have you been on antipsychotics (and are you currently on one)? I take seroquel for anxiety and it deals with day-to-day anxiety extremely well for me. I still have to take klonopin when I start having mood swings, especially ones that involve a lot of anxiety, but the seroquel is what enables me to function.

Archived