CrazyBoards.org

Off Ambien

It's hard to believe I finally quit taking ambien. My timing was horrible with generic ambien out now. I still take 75mg of Trazadone. I was able to quit by reducing the size of the pill gradually until I got down to a quarter of a pill. The main difference is that I could fall asleep now if I had to, without taking a med. When I was on Ambien, it was like the switch that turns your brain off wouldn't happen without the little pill. I haven't done it yet, but I'm looking forward to taking a nap in the middle of the day. My dreams have returned, not that I missed them a great deal.

Congrats!

I've been on it for four years straight now (and on and off before that, but never for this long). I've tried going off it at least a couple of times and just can't get through the rebound insomnia (even by lowering the dose bit by bit hasn't worked).

• 9 months later...

It's hard to believe I finally quit taking ambien. My timing was horrible with generic ambien out now. I still take 75mg of Trazadone. I was able to quit by reducing the size of the pill gradually until I got down to a quarter of a pill. The main difference is that I could fall asleep now if I had to, without taking a med. When I was on Ambien, it was like the switch that turns your brain off wouldn't happen without the little pill. I haven't done it yet, but I'm looking forward to taking a nap in the middle of the day. My dreams have returned, not that I missed them a great deal.

Dude even my pdoc got hooked on Ambien......she was tellin me how she shook it....haha thanks for giving me this demon right. I quit cold turkey and it took me weeks to even out....I literally forced myself to lye in bed in a subconcious state.....I was once told by a wise man (mortician) that you can obtain about 80% of the rest you need by reduced activity......I always wondered why he knew that odd fact.....quite ironic don't you think....haha.

Dude even my pdoc got hooked on Ambien......she was tellin me how she shook it....haha thanks for giving me this demon right. I quit cold turkey and it took me weeks to even out....I literally forced myself to lye in bed in a subconcious state.....I was once told by a wise man (mortician) that you can obtain about 80% of the rest you need by reduced activity......I always wondered why he knew that odd fact.....quite ironic don't you think....haha.

My family doctor told me he was hooked on Ambien, too, lol.

Archived