CrazyBoards.org

BP 2 and Abilify

I have been so far dx'd w/ BP 2(among other things) and I have been on Lamictal, which is recommended for BP 2. Now, I just started taking Abilify, which is recommended for BP1. It seems to be working really well so far.

Also, does anyone have any experiences with how long it took to notice a change? I'm wondering because my mood has been really good since about day 4 on it.

This is all really good news for me!

I'm going to be switching from Zyprexa to Abilify this week and am wondering how people feel about it.

I'll post back after I've had a few days on it and let you know. I love Zyprexa, but really can't tolerate the weight gain.

I hope that good feeling keeps going for you. That's wonderful.

Roosle, keep me posted. I hope it works for you. I have not had one moment of depression since day 4 on Abilify. I have more energy, confindence, and creativity. I try to take a nap and I can't stand staying in bed. Of course, after being in bed for months from severe depression, I guess that is a really good thing. I actually have a "contract" to stay out of bed between tdoc and family. The only "bad" effect, which isn't that bad, is that I can't sit still and get really bored. I think I'm just not used to being "alive"!

Archived