CrazyBoards.org

Hi. I have taken Naltrexone many times for my heroin addiction. I have never heard it be used for anything other than that though. There are two methods of taking it that I have used.

1. Pills. I used to have to take these every day. I didn't like them as I found that they made my legs shake/jitter alot even a long time after I had detoxed from the heroin. It may be just a symptom of the heroin withdrawal or it may not. The pills are expensive although you can get them on prescription in some cases.

2. Implant. They inject your stomach with local anaesthetic and insert into the fat of your belly a 2inch bullet that is supposed to slowly disolve over the length of time you paid for usually 6weeks, 6months, 1 year. However sometimes they take longer/shorter to disolve and sometimes they leak the small pellets they contain which can cause a horrible infection (I know this because it happened to me and two other people I know who had them). They don't give refunds if this happens. Well the place I use in the UK doesn't. These are expensive at about

• 2 weeks later...

Naltrexone is in the medicine I take. Suboxone. It is a semi-agonist/anti-agonist, hence the naltrexone. It is sublingual. It has to desolve under your tongue in order for it to work. They mix opiates with the naltrexone so, you can't get high on heroin (or other opiates) while on it, or abuse the pill. If you don't let it desolve under your tongue and you swallow or inject it, it WILL make you very sick and put you into withdrawls. It does fill that void in your brain and gives you a slight euphoria.

I've never heard of anyone using Naltrexone on it's own. I would be scared of it personally. I'm still very addicted to opiates because, of the suboxone.

Archived