CrazyBoards.org

does anyone know of any reliable, not scam, ways to work from home doing data entry or typing?

i think if i could find a reliable, real company, i could do really well at it. i just am feeling very trapped since i don't drive. if i did temp work i'd have tons of data entry jobs, but i can't get to them. we got a car so nate could get to his job lol.

any ideas?

abigail

Sorry I don't have any idea's for you. So many of those job's are scams and want you to pay them $ upfront for lists, etc.

Just couldn't leave you hanging here w/o a reply!

Good Luck!

scp

I know one woman who runs a payroll service out of her home and another who does medical insurance billing out of her home. They both seem to do well enough with it. I have no idea how to get started in it, but it might be worth some research.

Greeny

I assume you are in the US? I live in Canada and there is a local call centre here and their website advertises work from home jobs. I looked into it and was told it's only available in the US and a few other places (not Canada) but it seems totally legit. Not data entry though, I believe it's mostly customer service/tech support (no telemarketing). Here's the website if you want to check it out: http://www.hirepoint.com/athome/index.html

Is there anything you can think of that you might be able to do as a freelancer? Depending on where you live, maybe take a look at what kinds of services people are posting on craigslist, both what they're looking for and what they're offering - editing, petsitting, personal assisstant stuff, - I know when I was working in real estate in NYC, some of us hired people who worked from home keeping our online ads updated, which was pretty easy work, and mostly just required them to be reliable about telling us what they'd be able to do, and then following through. But depending on where you are, if there are people who are looking for help with stuff like that, or maybe keeping their small business websites updated, etc.. that might be your best bet, so you'd be dealing directly with an actual person, rather than with some company that might or might not be shady, you know?

Archived