CrazyBoards.org

murderous feelings towards his mother

So, this is my first post ever ;) Just wanted a space to have a whinge... Well I have been with my boyfriend for around 6 years now and we recently moved in together... which I'm sure wasn't a good idea. He is 30 this year, still at home, as he studies part time and works 1-2 nights a week(which I'm not even sure makes it OK, but we are ATTEMPTING to save money). So it's just me, him and his mum in the house. And all I can say is that her and I used to get along! She is a messed up woman who is currently going through a divorce, but all the same has no excuse for her bizzarre behaviour. Everything she does shits me. She is constantly spying on me through the window as I walk up to the house, and when I ring the doorbell she won't answer it. She constantly turns the oven down to low when I are cooking tea in it... I know how to cook and are WAY better at it than you!!! And it only means she has to wait #hours for dinner to be ready. She throws all of our clean clothes, along with shoes, rubbish, and anything else she finds and doesn't want on the stairs leading up to our room. I have asked Marc repeatedly to tell her to put our clothes in a CLOTHES BASKET(there are 4 EMPTY ones in the laundry at any one stage) if she feels she needs to remove them from the drying racks, but he hasn't gotten around to that yet. I know I should tell her myself, but she'll be offended and get straight on the blower to tell all her mates how rude I am. I constantly come downstairs to put my shoes on only to find they have been filled with ice-cream wrappers, used tissues and any other sort of rubbish the bitch could gather up. She is constantly asking me if Marc is doing this or that today and what time he has to be here and there, and FUCK-IT, I don't know, fucking ask him those questions!!! I just stand there saying "I don't know, I have no idea, ask Marc," and she keeps firing questions at me like an imbosile! The heater is always on in the house as she never leaves the couch, and she asks me not to close the ducted heating vents as it will break the heater.... they are designed to CLOSE... she makes no sense! She constantly comes and wakes me up when Marc isn't home and fires more stupid questions at me. I just want her to go AWAY! When I'm on the computer... like now... she walks past the door and opens it slightly, then closes it again. She has already done it 3 times and I've only been online for 30minutes. I'm sick of being monitored and watched!!! When I'm in the lounge-room reading a book she will turn off the light on me.... fucking thanks!!! SHE wanted me to move-in, I told myself I never would, but somehow I have ended up living in her HELL!!! She picks up the phone and listens in when I'm on a call, she does ABSOLUTELY nothing around the house in terms of cleaning, apart from filling the stairs and my shoes with HER litter! How does someone get that way??? How do you evolve into the sloth that she is? I've told Marc I'm not at all happy, and he thinks that when the divorce is settled she will be better, but who could possibly stand living in a place like this???

Move out now. Seriously.

What WZ said.

You need space, and while you're in her territory she doesn't know how to allow for that. Just write it off as a learning experience, so that if you end up married to this guy you and his mother can still have a productive relationship with each other.

"No honey. We can visit for the holidays, but we're getting a hotel room nearby for us and the kids. They can sleep over if she wants, and, well, how well that works out will just have to depend on you."

Archived