CrazyBoards.org

might be getting admitted

I might be getting admitted due to the fact that Iam struggling to eat enough adn Iam pregnant, I am still classified, as anorexic, even though I dont fit the weight criteria, Iam al ittle over it, very little, but still..so I feel like that title is not for me..and I feel ashamed they still gave it to me. I have spent 11 years of my life, 10 years of it anorexic, and 1 year ednos bc i wa sa normal weight, and now it is so hard, I tried to get into an eating disorder outpatient program, and well they pretty much said ethicially, they cant take me bc they think I need to go inpatient, and I need a higher level of care than they can give..so I am pretty much deciding whether or not to do inpatient, and this place here where i live, might take me, the two places I heard of that my friends have gone to are too far away, no one could visit me if I could go there, and one of the places, wouldnt take me bc I am pregnant and they dont have enough medical staff. to d eal with me , with I could use some support, no judgement just support, and experiences.. I have gone inpatient before but only at mental wards, never at a private institution or a private hospital just for phsych things..and this time it looks like I will be going to a private hospital...

Your body goes through lots of changes when you're pregnant, and maybe being an inpatient could help you cope with them more effectively? Maybe there are things that you're worried about going in there and a bit unsure of what to expect? Maybe make a list of things that you are unsure about and then fire some questions at the person in charge of intakes. Think about what you really need in there and ask if it will be available/whatever in there. One good thing is that being an inpatient you would be surrounded by people going through similar things to you and maybe that in itself would be a great assett? I'm sure you'll make the right decision anyhow, just think about what you really want and how well you think you'd go as inpatient.

Archived