CrazyBoards.org

Guest lem09

Been to see 5-8 shrinks. 1 wasn't sure what was wrong - but not schizophrenia. 1 added social phobia to schizophrenia. 1 gave me some ads which i am still on.

So these are my complaints:

1. A few unusual religious ideas.

2. Sometimes get caught up in imaginary conversations that i am having with people; sometimes when i am really around them

3. An intense feeling that something between my muscles and skin is crawling in on itself: like nails down a blackboard

4. Everyday tasks can seem impossible from where i'm sitting

I would like to identify what each complaint is, so that I can overcome them: phoenix like ;)

Doctors don't like to talk about 3 and 4 [or for some reason i can't communicate them well. they really bother me].

No longer feel i have nothing to say to anyone, or feel persecuted and lied to.

Many thanks,

lem09

what are "unusual religious ideas?"

Do you actually think that the other people are talking or is it just a train of thought "what if I said this and they said that" kind of thing?

There's an actual word for number three if you mean the feeling that it's like you're covered in bugs or bugs are crawling around inside. You mean somewhere in between the heebee-jeebies and he part from The Wall where Pink rips his face off?

Could you say more about 4 also? What is making them seem impossible - like, do you have difficulty feeling motivated to do things, or do they seem too confusing and complex? Or something else? When you say from where you're sitting, do you mean this only happens when you're sitting?

Guest Guest

Do you actually think that the other people are talking or is it just a train of thought "what if I said this and they said that" kind of thing?

somehwre inbetween in all of your questions??? yes i know that's not very helpful, but i hope to come back to this.

Guest Guest

i have no break with reality, it's just that sometimes it can feel as if i have broken with reality. it feels as if i am somewhere else when i start having an imaginary conversation, and it worrys me that this means i am [still] psychotic. i can rationalize everything [stopping and thinking "there is no god; this book is not an illusion; science is accurate most of the time it says that i can't read minds as no-one is lying to me], except i cannot rationalize that i am going to die and this means that i am unsure that I am not a demi-god of some description, but i try not to think about this.

i really really want to work alot, but i can have this want and not do anything about it but just lie in bed [or mnore recently drink gallons of cocacola and use bulletin boards]

i don't know what the wall is, a film? there are no bugs, it's almost as if i am very intenseley bored or unsure of something. it can be so intense a negatiove sensaton that i think of suicide - but i don't want to and won't- especially if i don't have to do manual labour for a living.

many thanks

It always sounds like you can rationalize things, so you never sound fully psychotic. Although it sounds like you are having some delusions, or atleast intrusive thoughts. The conversations, I have those too. But I never thought it to be psychosis. Just my mind running and me replying. And the "every task seems impossible" sounds like motivational problems, or even a bit of depression.

Sounds like you need to find one steady psychiatrist and try to answer all these questions, then maybe get a second opinion. All these doctors and dx's are going to drive you mad.

Guest Guest

It always sounds like you can rationalize things, so you never sound fully psychotic. Although it sounds like you are having some delusions, or atleast intrusive thoughts. The conversations, I have those too. But I never thought it to be psychosis. Just my mind running and me replying. And the "every task seems impossible" sounds like motivational problems, or even a bit of depression.

Sounds like you need to find one steady psychiatrist and try to answer all these questions, then maybe get a second opinion. All these doctors and dx's are going to drive you mad.

interesting. it's v difficult sometimes to tell whether a conversation is "real" [-or something]. i talked to a gf of a friend about them, and she suggested that the same happens to her when she thinks about the bf in question ;) difficult tho - the conversations shouldn't be so omnipresent. i don't think i'm convinced that i was never psychotic just cos i can rationalize now tho - i felt different the day i left hospital.

and yeah, i've was exposed to psychiatry at a young age [my older bro was sectioned for schizophrenia], so i totally think that it's possible that whatever is/has happened to me is socially consctructed - more so than usual seems like a quite possible hypothesis.

yeah, i need to forgetr about this religious stuff tho. maybe it's just an identity crisis which i can't help but makle mistakes with :-/

cheers

Archived