CrazyBoards.org

Life sucks right now for me that is true. Some of you know that we have lost a ton of money on the sale of our home and that we are living in a 2 br apt. (that's six of us) and I don't really enjoy my new job too much.

-That said I have been going to the pdoc once a month for the past 4 months and today he really upped my meds to treat my depression and mostly my anxiety. Here is my new meds protocol.

-Paxil 60mg

-Risperdal 2mg

-Klonopin 1mg 3x daily.

I think that he wants the paxil to stop the anxiety and panic attacks, but not sure. What do you all think.

manny

Sorry to hear about your money and living conditions.

As for your meds..

The Paxil is supposed to be good for anxiety. So, that in combo with the Klonopin could be effective & it can be safe to say that's what your pdoc is going for. It didn't do anything for me, but I don't respond to the SSRI's in general.

Risperdal is one of the meds I haven't tried yet.. so I can't really say anything about that one.

I hope your new combo works better for you!

My 2 cents...

just remember that any change in meds, even increasing, can cause temporary symtpoms. I'm not going to name any, because I don't want you to get it in your mind and then be looking for certain symptoms. Just be aware that there is an adjustment period and sometimes one feels worse before they better.

BUT I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

Thanks all... I was a little bit worried about soo much paxil, but maybe this will help things in general

No prob..

Well, the normal high amount for depression and anxiety is 50mg.. but it's 60mg for OCD and panic disorder. So, it's still at a normal prescribing level - nothing to worry about.

i've taken all that you're taking. i took 60mg of paxil for years and have taken more risp than that and more klonopin than that. level of medication is an individual thing, but those are reasonable doses. the paxil *should* be the drug that chases away depression and anxiety (along with the k for anxiety).

i'm very, very sorry that your living conditions suck so much. i thought that mine were bad (i have a 1 bdrm place in a cosmo suburb). i have NO room to whine!

the only issue i ever had with any of these meds is that risp made me lose my hair, lose my periods, and lactate. watch the prolactin levels.

Risperdal and Klonopin should get you plenty chilled so that will be good. Paxil and other SSRI's are very subjective with their effects. It may make you less depressed, it may make you more depressed. It may make you less anxious it may make you more anxious. Good Luck =]

Archived