CrazyBoards.org

Location, location, location

;)

Hi:

This post is purely curiosity. I use to cut solely on the inner arms. Not really sure why but I think part of it had to deal withe the decision between life and death like if I went too deep I was in trouble. I cut for release and control by the way. I switched to my stomach during this last outburst the main reason being I did not want my three year old to see it and start asking questions. My legs had no appeal what so ever and that left my stomach and torso. I was just curious where people cut and if they knew why they chose that location. Also I am curious if the medical community views SI differently depending on the location.

take care

trg247

;) just in case...

I have a tendency to cut my wrists... it can bleed a lot, and can be easily covered with a multitude of bracelets. I tend to just go over old scars, so I'm not adding a lot of new ones. Inner arm, yeah... upper thighs, anything that can be covered.

I work with glass (framing), so I have good excuses, especially around my hands.

When I read the subject title, I thought you meant where, location-wise. I always cut in the studio. Access to blades, and it's a very ritualistic kind of thing.

another ;)

:)

Apart from scars on my wrists from a suicide attempt, I cut and burn on the back of my forearm.. I'm not sure exactly why I chose that location. It's now a mess of small scars, larger ones that needed stitches, and medium sized burn marks. When people have asked I have been able to pass it off as scars from a fall, as long as they don't look too closely. I relapsed a few weeks ago, and I'm glad it's winter here, because I'd have a hard time explaining how I miraculously manage to injure myself in the same place every time I "fall".

;):):cussing:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I used to always abuse my left forearm, then the top of my left arm when I ran out of space, now moving on to my right forearm and will probably move onto the top of my right arm at some point. I always wear long sleeved tops to cover my scars, although I really should wear bracelets or a wrist warmer to cover the scars on my left wrist but I don't bother.

;)

I mainly cut (razor) and burn (lighter) the top of my thighs near my knees. I picked this location because it's easy to reach and cover up with anything but shorts (which I don't really wear).

I have just branched out onto the underside of my left forearm with a knife and the burning. Although, this was mainly due to being upset and just not caring about the location. There, the knife doesn't draw enough blood.. but it does look like scratches. The burns also look like freckles in that area for some reason.

As for where I do it; usually in my room, but once in the kitchen.

If I'm not at home I stick to things like rubber-bands.

Guest Guest_iona_viona_*
;) i always cut at the very top of my legs and on my pelvis area and just below. i do not advise this as my doctors will not stop going on about how this is some kind of sexual punishment cause it is so close to my privates! or that i am acting out abuse. which i am not for some reason i just like cutting there the most.

;)

I almost always cut my thighs, typically my left thigh (I'm right handed). I try to cut high enough that it won't be visible if I wear a skirt or short, but have not always been successful. I mainly use this location because it is easier to hide than my arms. I have occasionaly cut my abdomen, but this has been a secondary site and only used a few times.

It sucks that it's summer time now and I feel so conspicuous if I go to the beach or pool. This is not something my friends know about, so I only will go swimming if it's with my partner.

• 1 month later...

I don't just cut. I branch out in my self injury sometimes. I cut my wrists and thighs. I burn hands, arms, legs. I try to break bones ( though I haven't been successful) Punch walls. Beat myself about the head. Bite myself. Stand in fire ant hills. Spill near boiling water on myself. Drop large pieces of furniture on limbs. Rip off nails. Eraser burns. Pretty much anything I can think of.

Since this thread has a few graphic descriptions of self harm, I dead edded it and added to the title. No one has done anything wrong, continue to discuss, but I just wanted to flagged up so others can decide whether to view it.

sorry - don't know how to insert skull warning- so i'll just add possible trigger

trg- i'm glad you are considering the possble effects to your three year old. its amazing how kids pick up on stuff even at such a young age.

i knew someone who scratched her face to the point of bleeding. not long after her 5 yr old did the same thing and when asked why- she replied because mommy did it.

i hope you are getting support in trying to give up the cutting. a pdoc once said to me that i should stop because it was more addictive than heroin!

i guess what's really important is to figure out why you do it. for me it was to prove to myself i was real and to find a relief from emotions i couldn't handle.

i don't think pdocs change their view dependinding on location- i'd imagine to them cutting is cutting no matter where on the body it is.

HI Ive been a cutter since my teen years I am now in my 30's and have started back up just in the last year Im currently in a manic episode so im cutting myself to a frenzy I just cant stop Its like voices are telling me to do it so I do. I use to cut my wrist but that was too obvious and hard to hide so i have since started cutting on my upper thighs. You can always hide that with a long skirt or pantsAs far as what room I cut in I always cut in the bathroom I can lock the door and no one will be curious as to why Im in there

• 3 weeks later...

;)

:)

:cussing:

:wtf:

:cussing:

I cut solely on the inside of my right wrist since I'm left-handed. It's something I've done off and on since my early teens. I use whatever is handy... box cutter, utility knife, etc. If nothing obvious is available I take the glass out of picture frames and use that. Like someone else mentioned, wrist cuts are easy to hide with bracelets and/or a watch. I'm sorry to say it, but I'm looking forward to colder weather so I can wear long sleeves and cut more.

I lost my job several months ago and am home alone during the day while my husband is at work, so I have lots of alone time to cut. In fact, I cut for the first time in six years a month or so ago.

;):):cussing::wtf:

I started with the top of my arms, then my lower arms, then my legs.

Occasionly i've cut my breasts/chest but that's only been when i felt *superbad*

Sometimes i would carve words, depending on how i felt about myself at the time.

It's seriously fucked up, but what else can a person do?

SW

;):):cussing:

well my first cuts were on both wrists but those were a very tiny ones, then i moved on to the pelvic area which is the easiest to hide and i've continued to do it there, but i have also used my upper thighs and abdomen because in the pelvic area you run out of space pretty soon oh and i have also cut my feet and fingertips

;):):cussing::wtf::cussing:

I moved back to my inner forearms after I probably over reacted to my doctors reaction. The scary part is how much difference it has made almost day and night in terms of accomplishing the goals I am aiming for. Of course now I am stuck with the problem which was the reason I switched and that is to keep it hidden from my little boy but hopefully the weather will not get too warm in the near future and I can wear the long sleeve shirts. I always start cutting on my right arm and I am right handed so go figure. I now live alone so I cut pretty much where I want to.

take care

trg247

Archived