CrazyBoards.org

Isolation while depressed can be a very bad combo. But being depressed doesnt lend itself to company.

How well do you interact with people when you are in school, do you still tend to isolate yourself even when you have people around you?

do you have a tdoc? can you bring this topic up with them? Are you on meds? Sorry if I skipped over your sig.

Take baby steps to get out and about even if its not around people you know. Like going to the mall or the library. It can sometimes help alleviate the lonliness that comes from Isolation. If its anxiety that prevents you from going out, perhaps you can bring a friend along for moral support?

How long till school starts? Are you a danger to yourself when alone? Being alone is one of my triggers. Its like if I dont have enough distraction, I cant get out of my head.

Try to set small goals for yourself each day. It it seems to overwhelming, break it down into smaller doable tasks.

Hope this helps,

Selene

Isolation while depressed can be a very bad combo. But being depressed doesnt lend itself to company.

Selene~

Now that you mention it, I guess i do tend to isolate myself around people too. I do have a tdoc but she kind of intimidates me. I think I need a new one. I am always afraid of people judging me. Its also hard in monitoring my moods. I am on effexor but I have really went downhill since I started it. I haven't found any meds that have helped.

Sometimes its hard to take baby steps cause I tend to be about big dramatic results. I need to learn how to see the bigger picture.

Thanks for your reply though..it did help ;)

Selene~

Now that you mention it, I guess i do tend to isolate myself around people too. I do have a tdoc but she kind of intimidates me. I think I need a new one. I am always afraid of people judging me. Its also hard in monitoring my moods. I am on effexor but I have really went downhill since I started it. I haven't found any meds that have helped.

Sometimes its hard to take baby steps cause I tend to be about big dramatic results. I need to learn how to see the bigger picture.

Thanks for your reply though..it did help ;)

I've been there and it is so lonely and hurts so much. So many people do not understand mental illness and need to withdraw. I don't see it as a weakness. At times, it is just what I need to do to take care of myself. Do you have just one friend that you can talk to? Maybe someone with mental illness or knowledgable about your illness? If not right now, it won't be forever. Sometimes it helps to go somewhere like Barnes & Nobles just to be around people. I know, easier said than done.

I wish away your pain for a moment, a day, forever.

Please let us know how you are doing. I care.

Sincerely,

Rhonda

the product of the experiences encountered during the 60 years of my life and how i responded to them have made me a recluse. it is not an enviable state.

just that there are people here that have recovered or are making progress recovering from mental illness is cause to have hope for you. it is so difficult to take the steps needed to start when you are hurting so badly. when one's thinking is so compromised by depression that all effort seems to be a waste, you might take solace from the fact that there are those who have had breakout through medicine.

it is still early days for me in my current treatment. the dosage is being adjusted but there is measurable lessening of the relentless mysery. that gain in quality alone is enough for me to honestly recommend for you to persevere with a p-doc.

you have friends here.

Archived