CrazyBoards.org

Cymbalta for severe anxiety?

So today I saw the pnurse (pdocs are hard to come by nowadays around here) and she switched me from Lexapro (which I've been on for 2 weeks - she thinks it's too activating) to Cymbalta 30 mg along with the 75 mg of Effexor (with the hopes of weaning off this in a week). So no more cocktail for me, simply Cymbalta and Xanax occasionally.

She said the Cymbalta would "knock out" the intense anxiety but I've never heard of Cymbalta being used for anxiety. Has anyone else?

Cymbalta Works FABULOUS for me. Been on it for about 4 months. it makes me more physically relaxed than anything but a muscle relaxer. Its improved my sleep greatly to the point I have only used ambien sleep aid maybe twice in three months. It makes me a bit dopey, but oddly not a dopeyness that I can't think. It has largely killed the free floating anxiety that we have been fighting for over three years. What a wonderful drug for me.

a.m.

• 2 weeks later...

My pdoc, who I've seen for about 2 months and who I'm impressed with so far, has told me a couple times that at the 120 mg dose, Cymbalta is showing effective against anxiety.

120mg is a high dose, though. Although not for my system, apparently.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest americandancer

Do you all take your cymbalta in the am or pm? I am so glad to read so many positive posts on it helping anxiety. I take it for anxiety also, and seem to be doing pretty well as far as gad/panic disorder is concerned. I'm wondering if it might be making my social anxiety worse, though from the norepinephrine?

Archived