CrazyBoards.org

How do I make pictures smaller on my desktop?

any image editing software you might have on your computer would probably do, for that purpose. if you don't have one, maybe try gimp?

www.gimp.org

it's free. and you can do stuff with it.

as long as your desired avatar picture's under a certain initial size (a pretty big one, really), you can upload it as-is and the magic of internets will shrink it and crop it and make it fit for you.

Gimp is good. It's just as powerful as Photoshop, without the price tag.

MS Paint isn't half bad if you just want to resize pictures and you can figure out the proper percentage to shrink. That.'s one place where I like Gimp better. If I know I want a pic resized down to 100 x 100 all I have to do is type that in the box. Paint, on the other hand, I have to do the math (I'm not lazy or anything like that).

I've also tried Paint.NET

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/PaintNET/1096481993/1

Free and open source (which is always a plus in my book). Plus it looks like they've released a new version since I last looked.

Thank you so much, Tom, for your very simple answer! Next question: I want to put a picture on my avatar, and it won't let me, even after I MADE it small enough. And I wnat to post a couple of pictures on the animal thread. How??

Thank you so much, Tom, for your very simple answer! Next question: I want to put a picture on my avatar, and it won't let me, even after I MADE it small enough. And I wnat to post a couple of pictures on the animal thread. How??

Mel. Do you get any sort of an error message when you try to add the avatar? I see a cartoon image of a small cat. Is that what it should be?

It looks like avatars must either be a jpeg or a png image. I'm not 100% sure how to check easily in XP what the format is. I have file extensions turned on in my installs, but they're off by default in XP. At least I think they are. But I think if you just open the image in Paint (start - accessories - paint) and then "Save as" you should be able to see the file type.

To post images, first you'll need to have the image somewhere on the web. Then when you type your response or post, you put the address of the image between image tags.

It'll look something like this

[img ]web address of the image[ /img] but without the spaces.

I did a tutorial for another site I moderate for. The basic conceps are the same.

http://www.geocities.com/ksmarkspsych/FTL-...ngPictures.html

Tom, I've been trying to put a picture on my avatar. I've tried several different things and it keeps coming back error. One of the pictures is one of my fav. photos. I scanned it in and it's in my pictures. The others are really cute dancing things(don't worry, they don't dance except on My Space!) with faces of me and my kids and I wanted to put them in my blog or on the bottom of my "page". Any ideas? I changed the size. didn't work

Archived