CrazyBoards.org

Do you think this is real?

I bought a book from amazon this week called "pattern reccognition" by JR Kindred. It's a really bizarre story about ssri abuse and how it destroys this guys whole world. IN reading it, I could help feel there were DEFINITELY rings of truth in it.

At the same time it scared the crap out of me.

Has anyone else read this book??

Could this be true? ;)

Impossible to tell.  Depends on how much you like conspiracy theories disguised as fiction I guess.  From your post I thought you must be referring to some sort of biographical book, but after searching for it discovered it's a novel that's been compared to Fight Club.  For anyone who's interested, here's one of the write-ups I found:

Site:

http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/sho...?catalogid=9728

What would you do if the solid walls and floors of humdrum life disappeared, leaving you balancing above a nightmare landscape of corporate greed, medical malpractice and contract killings? Become a slave to prescription anxiety suppressants? Pursue a torrid love affair? Suffer a complete schizophrenic breakdown? Welcome to the world of Jackson Ellis as he struggles to maintain his sanity and understand what happened to his life. Jackson Ellis is an insurance investigator combating corporate life and chronic insomnia through illicit pharmaceuticals and cocktails as well as an unusual talent for forensic investigation. However, a fateful afternoon encounter in an alley draws him into a web of contract killings and medical malpractice. Jackson struggles to save himself and the woman with whom he's fallen in love from the stylistic killings of a man known only as Janus. In the process, he comes to the frightening realization that he himself may be at the source of the violence.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

The use of SSRI is a very serious matter. Many times there is no other option but the idea that antidepressants might be used 'cosmetically' so to speak which was around for awhile is now going the by and by. The side-effects are substantial. Getting off antidepressants is sometimes difficult.  The main thing about antidepressants is that antidepressants are only helfpul for a depressed mood. One stops feeling horrible on antidepressants but still life is often very so so on antidepressants. So to use antidepressants because life is so so is mistake. One gets side-effects with no benefits. Antidepressant conk-out is notorious.

Archived