CrazyBoards.org

I just finished a book by JR Kindred called pattern recognition. It's about this guy who totally abuses ssri's and his world shatters. Has anyone else read this thing??

It's totally weirding me out because there are parts that I totally identify with.

I just finished a book by JR Kindred called pattern recognition. It's about this guy who totally abuses ssri's and his world shatters. Has anyone else read this thing??

It's totally weirding me out because there are parts that I totally identify with.

What does pattern recognition have to do with a guy who abuses SSRI's? Pattern recognition became totally fascinating for me after seeing "A Brilliant Mind." What kind of book is it? Fiction? Non-fiction? Autobiography?

I believe that bipolars and schizophrenics have a special gift for pattern recognition when they get loose cognition. Loose cognition can work for you; it doesn't always work against you with hallucinations, etc.

I disagree with psychologists who insist that we over-estimate our abilities for pattern recognition (they say that we WANT so bad to see a pattern, that we do). That there's a human NEED to see a pattern in things. Nuh uh. Sorry. There's a valid concept in psychology called "chunking" that came from geniuses who play chess. They are good at pattern recognition and seeing the big picture. It's not in their imagination.

Please tell us more.

Archived