CrazyBoards.org

Flurazepam?

So I have this great big bottle of Flurazepam, 15 mg.....apparently, brand name, Dalmane.

I'm kinda weird and scared about taking new drugs. I have to sit and stare at it for a while before i'll jump in...well. I took benadryl last night to sleep, and needless to say, I was awake until about 8 AM. This is frustrating.

I've taken Restoril before. Is it like that?  The Restoril tended to be a bit hit-or-miss with me.

Will it help me sleep? Will it kill me? What to do?

SnailLuv, i looked it up on the web and it is classified as a Hypnotic. Usually takes 20 minutes to put you to sleep and usually gives about 7-8 hours uninterupted sleep.  It's peak effect is in about 3 days.  What other drugs are you taking and what is your dx.  It is to be used with caution in people suffering from depression.  Hope this helps.

Flurazepam is considered to have rapid onset compared to Temazepam which is intermediate.  Flurazepam's duration of action is 48 hours compared to Temazepam's 8-12 hours.

I can't find that book, but I remember some comment about the length of action.

Katie ;)

Currently I'm on 10 mgs of Lexapro a day(which needs to be increased, but is pending on an insurance situation), and Serax for emergencies.

I'm Dx'd : Social Anxiety, Agoraphobia, GAD, Depression, Panic Disorder and Asperger's.

I just wanted to see if it'll help me sleep. My sleep's unbearably messed up, sleeping at weird hours because I can't sleep at night.

Thank you. ;)

Yes, I know what you mean, I'm pretty good at reading those things, whaddayacallem, the folded papers that comes with any new med. I was worried about the hungoverness, and I did end up getting one. I felt pretty groggy the next day. Hmmmm. It's good in a pinch, but I wouldn't use it everyday. ;)

Thanks all for the advice!!!!

-Missy

Archived