CrazyBoards.org

went from moderately to severely depressed

I've been on 30 mg of Cymbalta for a week and I went from feeling moderately depressed to severely depressed! I went out with my friends last night and sat in the bathroom and cried because I felt ugly! What the hell?! I feel like it MAY be touching the anxiety MINUTELY but definitely feel shitty in the depression department still.

Do I give it more time or tell the pdoc that something's gotta give cuz I still feel like shit?

Do I give it more time or tell the pdoc that something's gotta give cuz I still feel like shit?

If you feel like it might be doing something for the anxiety at all, I would try to stick it out for a while if you can and see if it does something positive, but also tell your doctor how you are feeling when you see them. A week isn't nearly long enough to do much of anything and the dip in your mood is likely a natural course. Which sucks. Sorry.

40mgs is the minimum theraputic dose and you haven't really been on it long enough to do anything. There's a good chance it's just the depression doing its thing.

Cymbalta does have a short halflife though, so I suppose some ups and downs at first could be possible. If it keeps happening you might want to see if taking it at a different time of day makes any difference.

Archived