CrazyBoards.org

re earlier trigger video posting

;)

A guest poster earlier posted a link to a video of a suicide. That was not ok. Asking the mods to remove it if it's a problem doesn't make it any more ok. Specific details of suicides can trigger other suicides, and even if this weren't a support board that would still be inappropriate.

We encourage people to be honest about their experiences, including trigger warnings when necessary, so that we can be helpful, but linking to a video of a suicide attempt has the opposite of a therapeutic effect.

If you find yourself repeatedly re-watching a suicide-related video, it's a good idea to talk to someone about it, and it's fine to come here and say "I keep finding myself rewatching a suicide video...I think it's making me feel like killing myself again" or some such thing.

resonance

Liveoak, I didn't watch the video and I am not sure about the person. It is hard to tolerate the thought of someone suffering and taking their lives. I find that just acknowledging that you find that thought troubling when it pops up and trying not to dwell on it helps.

I am the guilty party here. I dont know what in the hell I was thinking. I shouldn't have posted it. I cant even explain why I watched it in the first place.

Anyway please accept my whole heartedly apologies fellow members.

Thank You Reco

I am speaking for me only when I accept your apology. It's human to make mistakes, especially when in the height of emotion when we wish to express ourselves and connect with people. Can you think of how you might handle this urge better in future, should a future temptation like this come up?

I accept your apology. The last person that was perfect got nailed to a cross! (This is a sort of a joke, not intentionally meant to offend anyone and I hope I'm not breaking any rules)

The point is, we are not perfect and it appears that you are evolved enough to know how to say you are sorry which can be very healing to people that let's it be healing. Thank you.

I humble myself to all you, really thank you. I feel I should add something here. [description deleted by AirMarshall. There just isnt' ANY need to go into this. ]

Reco,

I don't think any specifics need to be posted about what the video contained. We have taken it down for a reason, and continuing to talk about what it contained is likely to upset people here who are struggling with suicidal feelings and who are sensitive to people who are in pain and take their lives. Please stop this.

I humble myself to all you, really thank you. I feel I should add something here. [description deleted by AirMarshall. There just isnt' ANY need to go into this. ]

If you get this kind of stuff stuck in your head and can't get it out, you might want to read up on OCD. If you're trying to communicate what it's like to be inside your head, I can grok that. Start a new topic. Just don't show us.

Archived