CrazyBoards.org

I have been at 200mg for a month now.  The side effects just went away (I had em all).  I dont think I am at a good dose yet.  My doctor says I can increase it as I like (since I will anyway).  I was thinking of 250mg/week until I level out, then 300mg, ect until I feel as well as the rest of you.  How much can I go up each time?

Oh, I take 2mg Risperdal, 50mg benadryl (PRN for allergies) and ativan PRN anxiety (which I dont even have- Dr is weird, maybe senile).

if you had all the side effects then i would probally take it slow.  i just started my lamictal increase, currently i am @ 200mg a day and i am going up to 300mg.  i will probally add 25mg this week, 50mg next, then 100mg.

i hope it werks out for you.

How's this for a slooooow train:

25mg every other day for a week

25mg every day for a week

50mg every day for a week   

75mg every day for a week

and so on, 25 mg at a time up to 200. That's 9 weeks! I'm goin' nuts! But not many side effects, which is good. I am already feeling better.                                         

Hmm... Why don't you give a call to your pdoc and ask him about the titrating? If you have already titrated up to 200 mg I'm guessing you can titrate up pretty fast. If anyone knows this I'll be happy, because I'm also on 200 mg and thinking about going higher, since it hasn't done much yet.

I think my Lamictal schedule went something like this:

2 weeks 25 mg

2 weeks 50 mg

2 weeks 100 mg

And then, tada, 200 mg.

I'm just starting out on Lamictal, too.  My schedule so far:

25mg everyother day for 2 weeks

25 mg every day for 2 weeks

(I've got 2 more days of this dose and then)

50 mg for a week

100mg for a week

I hope you can figure out your right dose, dirtywonderful. 

Thanks.  I will only go up by 25mg then- maybe 50mg.  I only have a few 25mg pills left from the starter pack.  Once they are gone, I will only have 50mg (half the 100mg).  I doubt quatering the 100mg would work.  I read one guy on here went from 400mg to 800mg for SAD.  I wonder how that worked out.  It's just that I was just hoping I could move up faster since it's working for me.  The side effects are weird but well worth it. 

I just went up on my Lamictal from 200mg to 300 mg. I have been on 200 mg for maybe 1.5-2 years. I love the medication - it works really well for me.

I also take Wellbutrin - 300 mg and Topamax 100 mg (although I often forget and take about 50 mg of the Topamax since I have to take it in little doses throughout the day).

Guest skidancer

I went like this to try to avoid the rash:

2 weeks 25 mg.

2 weeks 50 mg

1 week 75 mg.

1 week 100 mg

1 week 125 mg

1 week 150 mg

1 week 175 mg

Just went up to 200 mg today.  I only began to feel better a few days ago - I was rapid cycling for 4 months with mixed states added to my joy.

The only side effect I've had is nausea the first day I raise my dosage.

I hope it works even better (fingers desperately crossed)

Archived