CrazyBoards.org

I've had a problem with time for as long as I can remember. Multiple problems, I guess. Being late, being slow, the standard ADD stuff. But then there's another kind of problem I sometimes have. These periods of when time seems to be passing more quickly than seems, what? Right, or normal, or usual, or .... something? I'll be doing something, reading, or working, or walking my dogs, whatever, and it'll feel to me like maybe about 15 or 20 minutes have passed, until I look at a clock, and discover that in fact more like an hour has passed. So maybe a better way of putting it is that it feels like my internal sense of time gets completely out of sync with external, real time? And it's something that comes and goes, and that I become more aware of when it's gone again, and things have gotten back to normal, if that makes any sense at all? I *think*, but I'm not entirely sure, that this tends to be associated with mixed state-ish, depressed-ish, kinds of moods.

Anyway, the point of all of this, probably semi-coherent rambling, is that I've noticed that my sense of time has gotten dramatically better since I restarted lamictal last week, and wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar? And if anyone knows anything about what that might be about, because it seems wierd to me ?

Thanks!

Yes! Between lamictal and lithium things improved dramatically. Before I was dx'd time was like a rubber band, constantly changing in feel. I could never be sure of my internal instinct how much time had passed. Whether (attempting) to work at my desk or collapsed in stupor on the couch....five minutes or two hours gone in an instant.

I had taken to desperately checking my watch to see the time every chance I thought of it. Then I realized that a movie character (Roy Scheider in Blue Thunder, circa 1984?) had done the same thing as a way to check his sanity. huh!

Anyhoo, welcome back from the Time Tunnel!

a.m.

Thats an interesting observation. I have gone through periods of what you describe but not sure what causes it. Maybe it is an increase in your concentration level? I notice that the more depressed I am the SLOWER time seems to go or maybe I am just not cognitively aware of it.

Don't know if the there is a link to the lamictal, but I do know that my distractability and concentration has gotten much better on it and I can actually read an entire book now...not at one sitting but its an improvement anyway!

Miss C.

Yes for me too! I am titrating up on Lamictal and have noticed recently that time seems to pass more quickly. I'm doing more now (my posting on this board is a testament) I'm not really worried about it though. I know my brain is going through changes.

Archived