CrazyBoards.org

Law, Money, and Employment

I worked side by side with my father for 25 years in a 40 year business that he founded. We had 2 arguments in all the years. I formed a partnership with an asscociate, and we bought the business from my father and his partner. Unfortunately, greed consumed my new business partner and I had to buy him out. In order to buy him out, I sold 25% of the stock to my sister. She came aboard and my nightmare began. She is a control freak and I am non confrontational and have been a victim of depression for many years. Our constant fighting became too stressful for me - I practically could not leave my house and my attendance became sporadic. Three years later - without my knowledge or consent, my sister illegally files voluntary Chapter 7 liquidation and shuts down the business. I was 75% shareholder,president and director of the corporation. The federal Bankruptcy Trustee ignored my rights. I have not spoken to my parents in over a year, lost my job,health insurance, income and self esteem. Imagine the issues I have now. Call me crazy - I had the right to know. What she did was criminal. My ability to make a living was destroyed. The law ONLY protects those that can afford the price of it's protections. Unfortunately when you are unemployed,moneyless and suffer from depression, you have no credability. Sounds crazy doesn't it?

Things like this are why God created the tort system.

I am curious as to how she could file if you held 75%? What kind of authority did she have? How is it you couldn't call off the filing? WHY did she file? (Was the business in trouble?) How did the trustee ignore your rights? (What did you want?)

The law ONLY protects those that can afford the price of it's protections.

Not true. Trust me on this one...

Archived