CrazyBoards.org

Court Stuff and Depressive Cycle

i feel comfortable talking about the court stuff now that the defendant has been sentenced and is locked up/being deported-

they got him on the first round of charges from his first trial for the rape/assault of the first woman, so that's why he's locked up and being deported.

however, because they couldn't legally hold him for long enough to get one of my witnesses to come forward, they had to put him in prison and "temporarily" dismiss my case until we can locate my witness.

i have the feeling that now that they are satisfied, they won't pursue my case.

this is very upsetting, because i want my day in court! i want justice for the crimes against me!

i've been depressed and feeling so low. i'm thinking about suicide again (even though i thought my dad's death cured those thoughts), and am thinking of going inpatient. i know i need more intensive treatment from my tdoc at the very least to keep me out of inpatient.

help! how else can i prevent going inpatient and get through this?

I know you want "your " justice--but he's off the street and gone. Try to think of it that wasy. And yeah, she said, sounding like an echo--call your doc ASAP!

You are doing so well with all this--a little set-back is just that, something that can be fixed.

Love, china

Is there a day program where you are treated? That way you would have therapy and structure but still be able to sleep in your own bed. I am a big fan of day programs although I have never participated in one I know of some people who were greatly helped from it and avoided hospitalization.

CNS- i only heard about the other woman (witness) a little while ago too. i'm actually not 100% sure of her story, since i only heard it second hand from our advocate. pretty much, the defendant attempted to kidnap her, but she got away (i think that's what happened). she isn't the one who told police, her boyfriend did. she hasn't wanted anything to do with the police. i'm not sure why. i wish i knew. i came forward when i really didn't want to talk about it because other women need to be protected.

everyone- i have a tdoc appointment for tuesday. the rape crisis center also has counselors, but i haven't made an appointment yet. they specialize in this kind of stuff so i wanted to give them a try.

scatty- i hadn't thought of a day program. good idea! i'll ask my tdoc about one. i'd like to avoid going to the hospital. at times i feel worse than at other times. i'm having a really hard time with this.

yes, he's off the streets, but i want to tell the world what a scumbag he is from the witness stand. i'm really grateful to the first woman who came forward whose testimony put him in the slammer and is getting him deported, but i want my chance too. i want to add some years to that sentence.

then again, the country he came from isn't the world's best, and maybe going there would be worse than our penal system...but then he'd be free to harm other women. this kind of person never stops.

this cycling is brutal. i'm not having euphoric manias, but a hypo phase of agitation and irritability, with sleeplessness and no appetite. then the depression comes and it hits harder.

a day program is a good idea.

my pdoc wants to watch it, so i'm supposed to call him on monday to let him know how i'm doing. i'm unstable through the day but heading on the depressive side. my anxiety is also going out the roof.

all because of this situation and this asshole...

thanks all for listening.

i'm trying to manage in a positive way (thanks all). i won't be able to get in to see the rape crisis counselors for awhile because they have such a waiting list, so i'll just need to work it out with my tdoc (a general tdoc) for now and get that specialized treatment when my name comes up.

Upon rereading this, something causht my eye...

So why won't this "witness" come forward? I don't remember you mentioning a witness before...

CNS- i only heard about the other woman (witness) a little while ago too. i'm actually not 100% sure of her story, since i only heard it second hand from our advocate. pretty much, the defendant attempted to kidnap her, but she got away (i think that's what happened). she isn't the one who told police, her boyfriend did. she hasn't wanted anything to do with the police. i'm not sure why. i wish i knew. i came forward when i really didn't want to talk about it because other women need to be protected.

How does that make her your witness? Or did she actually see what happened with you?

I just wanted to add that I'm so sorry for what you've endured, and I'm impressed and encouraged by your bravery in dealing with such a horrific situation. I'm glad you made an appt. Keep your doc up to date. Take care of yourself.

Archived