CrazyBoards.org

Im still manic!

My tdoc diagnosed me as manic on Thursday, and since my pdoc is out of the country till who knows when, she was supposed to call for me on Friday and find out who was covering for him and find out what we could do to help me. Well, she never called me on Friday, and Im still miserably manic. I just don't know what to do. Maybe I'll call my pdoc's secretary tomorrow and see if she can get me in touch with someone. I just want to feel better, although, my house hasn't been this clean in a long time. Im just really resisting the urge to go buy a bunch of stuff to redecorate my living room now that it's clean. I have all these ideas for it. My husband told me I could after we got paid, but I couldn't put it on the credit card. But, its so hard to resist the urge right now. Im just so miserable. My tdoc said my current manic episode may be caused by too much antidepressant. Maybe? I don't know. Im sorry if this makes no sense, my thoughts are all over the place. Im just typing as I think of what I want to say.

It may also be the geodon.

have there been any recent changes to your meds?

(sorry i'm kind of up too and trying to keep up with my thoughts too)

my 1/2 brother and my nephew went really manic (but ragey manic) on geodon, but I don't know if that's a common thing. so I don't know. it's made me really wary of it.

just a thought to bring up with the pdoc but also probably the AD may be the problem too? fuck I don't know, i'm no doc. but i really understand the whole shopping thing. I have no clue how much money I've gone through so far. I guess I'll figure it out when I get the bank statement in another week or so.

goodness.

best of luck and patience with the pdoc. people here on the boards can proably better advise for how to approach that problem.

as for spending

have you ever seen those architect/home/decor 3-D arrange everthing computer programs? i've always wanted to play with one of those. I know it's not the same, but maybe it would help the urge, which it seems you are holding down quite well.

there's so much you can do in one of those at it would move at manic pace, keep you occupied and wouldn't make any permanent desicions. plus at the end you could have a portfolio book, and i dunno how you are with software, but bonus experience there too. maybe spring for one that's kinda high end which completes the need to purchase. trust me you'd save so much money and stress in the end. start on this manic and you won't stop, and you'll hate the room later because of it, to be blunt. post about it and i can look for more info.

edited for exausted grammar issues

Oh my, I was up all night with my thoughts racing and just really jittery and ugh feeling. I definetly need to put a call in this morning, I think. Im wondering if it's the Geodon, too. I just started it about a month ago when I was really depressed. It brought me out of the depression, just a little too far. Thanks for the ideas and everything. It's just nice to know someone is out there listening to me.

I'm listening, I'm listening! I just didn't post because I really don't have anything especially wise or useful to say. I'm going through a manic phase too and don't HAVE a pdoc to call right now. I would definitely put in a call if you can. Keep posting here and let us know how you're doing.

Okay, the best thing to do is to have the pdoc's number on hand for when you realize you are manic, and if you can't call, get a loved one to call. If you realized on Friday and have not yet called, you've put yourself through a weekend of mania, and it is likely going to get more intense before you crash, and you'll need support when you crash. I know calling pdoc's is hard, and secretaries are not fun to deal with. But you can't afford to put it off, if you can't do it, someone else needs to.

Also, surrender your credit card to a trusted friend or relative or spouse, or freeze it in a tub of water, so if you really need to use it, you will have to wait to defrost it, and hopefully the urge will have passed. I don't have a credit card for this reason. Unless you are traveling abroad, or are a business person, I don't think they are strictly necessary and owning one if you are bipolar is always bad news.

you seriously don't want more credit card debt. no one needs it. the average person is like 7k or something in debt i read somewhere (i don't know if it is accurate, but some people seem to have huge debts!).

i like the idea of freezing it. or even call the credit card co and have them suspend it for awhile.

let your hubby control your bank account during this episode.

call the pdoc right away and deal with the minions.

we're here! just write and get it out of your system.

geodon did horrible things to me. it made me ragey. i'd talk toyour pdoc about potential issues with it.

Thanks everyone. I called my pdocs secretary and she said my pdoc is still on vacation so she put a note in for the doc on call to give me a call. Im still waiting, but the day's not over yet. I still feel crappy, even after a little nap, so I hope this pdoc is a good one and can help me. I do need to do away with the credit cards. My husband has been keeping me in line the past few days. We actually just got a loan to consolidate our credit card debt, then once they're paid off, we are shutting them down. So, we wont have them anymore. That will be a good thing. Thanks again for listening to me yammer and for all your good ideas.

I *hate* it when my brain goes haywire, and my pdoc's on vacation! That's the worst! Sorry you're stuck in such limbo.

My guess would be it's the geodon, since it's apparently pretty activating, as AP's go, and it sounds like it's your most recent med addition?

The pdoc called, and he's upping my Geodon to 120 mg, so I'll take 40mg in the morning and 80 mg at night now. Then, he's also lowering my Cymbalta from 90 mg to 60 mg. So, hopefully this will help me out. He wants me to call him on Thursday to let him know how Im doing. Hopefully this will do the trick. Oh God, I hope so.

Good luck. Cymbalta made me hugely manic, after just a couple of doses, so that very well could be contributing. And good for you, for taking care of yourself, even though your pdoc's office didn't make it easy.

And I like Karuna's suggestion of handing over or freezing the credit cards...gonna try that next time I need to. ;)

Archived