CrazyBoards.org

I had to go the ER recently, whopper of a anxiety/panic attack. Even after 400mgs of seroquel, 2mgs of cloneazepam, 5 mgs of zyprexa, the feelings were still fierce!. Anyway ER doc upon my request decided to give me 2mgs of xanax and told me he would see me in 45 minutes. Well the xanax didnt really seem to be effective, I think this was due to the other meds or some shit taking place. He gave me a Rx for xanax 3X daily for 5 days. I think 1 mgs. I really wanted to try this med for panic. Day 3 fo taking xanax, the jury is still out. I dont know. The only time I really notice it is my night time dose of seroquel and xanax, give it a hour or so and I'm one mass of slobering - bumping into walls - piece of shit. The minute I lie down I'm usually out cold.Not even responding to my wife at all. Anyway does anybody take their xanax alone and what feelings do you get or do you think my other meds are cancelling out the true xanax sensation?

Thanx

Yeah i take xanax but only for emergencies i dont take them every day, only when i feel a panic attack coming on. I find that xanax as well as my CBT skills ive learnt like self talking helps. I guess the main thing i have learnt is not to fear the pannic attacks just think, if i do have one i will be ok (however you got though it, you havnt died you will always be ok)... if your down in a really bad state, it could take a couple of weeks/months of ups and down anxiety periods till you settle again, but i have found xanax has helped me become more relaxed as i use it as a last resort/emergency thing and i guess the whole psychological thing is they have helped me not to fear panic attacks as i know i can just pop a xanax and ill calm down within the hour or until the stressful event is over.. theres probably people on here with worse anxiety than me who can discuss this more with u, but any bit helps i guess!! ... goodluck hope you feel better soon.

Xanax is amazing but, not the best drug to be taking. Espeically if you suffer depression. It is very addictive and your tolerance builds. Aside from that, it can also mess your brain and body up really bad.

I happen to enjoy the effects of xanax. It surely takes away anxiety and helps relax, during a panic attack.

Archived