CrazyBoards.org

soft drinks (fizzy drinks, soda whatever)

I can drink coffee until I turn green and be fine, I can drink red bull until I turn purple... but even half a coke or a solo or fanta and I wig out... WTF is in them, if I can drink coffee and red bull, it's not the caffeine, unless it's a different sort of caffeine... but fuck they're evil.

Luckily I don't much like them, but at some places there's not much choice if they run out of OJ.

<grumpy, anxious, fidgety, dan>

I don't have caffeine, so I don't drink coke. Sometimes diet drinks have sweeteners in that can trigger off agitation. I am fine with lemonade.

I can drink coffee until I turn green and be fine, I can drink red bull until I turn purple... but even half a coke or a solo or fanta and I wig out... WTF is in them, if I can drink coffee and red bull, it's not the caffeine, unless it's a different sort of caffeine... but fuck they're evil.

Luckily I don't much like them, but at some places there's not much choice if they run out of OJ.

I get that way after I drink diet coke. Some say that it is the aspartame in it. I wholly believe that it is. I get an irritable streak whenever I drink it. Maybe for you it's the sugar in the soft drinks. I think Red Bull is full of other stimulants like taurine and stuff and not much sugar ( I could be wrong).

Maybe for you it's the sugar in the soft drinks. I think Red Bull is full of other stimulants like taurine and stuff and not much sugar ( I could be wrong).
The sugar might be the thing. I don't eat much sugar and drink sugar free red bull.

Thanks

during my last hospitalization when i started taking most of the meds i'm currently on, i couldn't drink soft drinks or anything with caffeine. i didn't know this until i tried it, so my mom smuggled me in some soda, and i had such a bad reaction to it. she even brought me caffeine free soda and it seemed that there was caffeine in it, because i reacted badly again.

eventually, this reaction wore off. i drink about 2 liters of soda a day! i should probably cut down, but i just love the stuff. my current infatuation is with vanilla coke zero. i know, the artificial sweetener is probably bad for me too.

i can't do high fructose corn syrup OR any of the fake sugars. so i get really weird and batshit and sick on any soda.

i love my no refined anything diet. great for keeping the food bills down. *sarcasm flag*

abi

This may be slightly off-base, but over the last couple of years I feel I've become practically "addicted" to Diet Coke (and some other diet colas, but I mostly crave Diet Coke). I know that sounds strange, but if we're out of soda for a day or two, I crave it and get pissy that we don't have any. I also find myself having a diet cola almost every afternoon either at lunch time or mid-afternoon. Again, this will sound strange but I seem to "feel better" once i've had it. I don't think it's just a caffeine thing, since I've tried other caffeinated drinks that don't have citric acid (to avoid fucking with Adderall XR absorption).

I've always enjoyed soda since it was a very rare "treat" in my childhood, but I've joked more than once about how "they MUST put something addictive in it!"

My sister is addicted to diet coke, so much so that the phenelaneline (sp? and it may have been a diff chemical) gave her a growth on her optic nerve and she was screened for MS.

I can't stand diet coke, I don't really like "real" coke either.

I'm trying not to get addicted to this korean drink made from pure ginseng root, it's got the whole root in the bottle... literally smells like mud but it's sweet with a nice aftertaste... makes for one anxious little fucker though, but given a bad day orange juice can make me anxious ;)

Diet drinks and zero sugar drinks are more acidic and wear your tooth enamel away at a scary rate. The association of dentists in the UK are trying to get Coke Zero to own up to this, as they bill it as a healthier version, it is worse for your teeth than regular coke.

Our Ga State Patrol cleans highway accident scenes with Coke... Then again who really knows?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious as to whether or not there is enough Phenylalanine in a diet soda. There is a relative small amount of Aspartame and only about half of it breaks down to Phenylalanine if I remember correctly. They sell supplements with much more Phenylalanine in them at health stores.

Archived