CrazyBoards.org

MRI for visual hallucinations and headaches?

Gee, hallucinations and headaches aren't fun.

If you have had a CT scan, MRI's are nearly identical in procedure. They will have you put on a gown and lay down on the table. Then the table will motor forward till your head is inside the giant donut. You will here some sounds of the equipment clicking and the table will slowly index forward as they capture images slicing through your head. They may do a second run for greater accuracy. Depending on the doctor's order's they may give you a intravenous contrast dye that will make the blood vessels show more clearly. The whole process will probably take about 20 minutes.

Now for the good news. There is a possibility that you might feel better after have that giant magnet twist your brain atoms. That is the basis that researchers are using to develop TMS, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. ;)

Hope you get quick answers. a.m.

Oh, I forgot to give your doctor kudos for ordering this test, rather than just assuming it is all MI caused, and throwing meds at it. A good doctor always rules out physical causes before treating the mind.

I forgot to add that my eyeball twitches uncontrollably. It only happened once every few days and was barely noticeable and now it happens at least every 5-10 minutes and is very obvious. I also have dizziness and sometimes my vision is hazy.

I read these are symptoms of a brain tumor so now I am freaking out.

I have never had anything besides x-rays. I'm very nervous now. But, thanks for the info.

Well, I had my MRI and it wasn't the most fun I've ever had and I don't want to do it again, but it wasn't terrible. The hannibal lecter mask was a nice touch though. The lady that did it mentioned something about cancer though, which has me freaked out. I haven't heard any results or anything yet though so I guess if I do have some growth up there, it isn't too urgent. I have had a headache since I had the damn thing though.

Archived