CrazyBoards.org

A question about anger

I forgot to ask this in my update post. I am feeling much better, except Im noticing my fuse is much shorter, and little things are setting me off. Our tv remote wasn't working normal for whatever reason, and I almost threw it across the room, I was so angry. My kids made a mess at the table and usually I would just ask them to clean up nicely and they would do it, and I would clean up what they couldn't (like the crumbs, etc). However, today, I yelled at them about it, and of course, felt bad about it afterwards. My husband is getting on my nerves over little stuff. I just really don't like being like this. Is this still the mania? Is this the med dosage change? I just don't know if this warrants a call to the on call pdoc on Monday or not. Thanks again everyone!

I'm usually angry to some degree, but I've found that mania or mixed episodes make it almost unbearable. No idea about the meds, except to say that I see you're taking Cymbalta... that med flung me over the edge at top speed, which is why I had to quit it after about a month. I don't know if you've recently changed your dosage of that or something else, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Yes med changes can upset your normal moods, and so can a bit of hypomania. Are you needing less sleep? Are you particularly stressed or tired at the moment? Maybe suddenly spent a large amount of time out in the sun?

Our meds are very good, but we can expect to have break throughs from time to time.

When I start getting short fused like this it is usually a sign I'm tending towards a mixed episode, and need to have a short med adjustment. Your patterns may differ.

No reason to let things get out of hand. If you haven't settled down by monday, give your pdoc a call.

a.m.

my mom got totally suicidal on cymbalta, so i'm always skeptical about that drug. i know a lot of people benefit, but like with geodon, i just had a bad experience so it tends to color my view of the drug.

if you've had recent med changes, that will mess with your chemistry and could cause the anger. i'd just go with it and contact your pdoc about it. as others have mentioned, it could be a hypomania, especially if your sleep is different. that's happened to me before, like when my pdoc put me on topamax. i didn't sleep for weeks and was the bitch from hell.

do you know techniques to keep you somewhat sane until your pdoc can fix this issue or it blows over, like meditation? i'm all about pharma solutions, but there are ways, like meditation, to help yourself out. go for walks, eat right, meditate if you can, and try to find outlets for your frustrations. i think that should help out a lot.

I get very triggery during hypomania (even if the hypomania is overall euphoric). I've been in and out of rapid cycling hypomanic periods recently.

My mother made a snide (and serious) comment a few days regarding my inability to handle full bowls of food after I sent a bowl of linguine flying all over the floor. (I've got a Parkinson-related disorder that makes me shake and/or send items flying, and the Asperger doesn't help, either).

I believe her comment, verbatim, was "What? Aren't you even capable of carrying a stupid bowl around?" (She had a very serious and annoyed look on her face as she was saying this.)

My response was to the tune of:

"I HAVE GODDAMN PARKINSON'S DISEASE YOU FUCKING IGNORANT MORON!!!!!"

This was right in front of Dad, as well.

Mom's response was "Oh. I didn't think about that." Then she slinked back into her room.

I've been on this cocktail for about 1 1/2 to 2 months now, but just changed the dosage Tuesday. I was on 90 mg Cymbalta, 80 mg Geodon, and 50 Topamax. Now it's 60 mg Cymbalta, 120 mg Geodon, and 50 mg Topamax. Im still having the anger issues. Im so ready to just send myself to the hospital. I swear, then people wouldn't get mad at me for everything I say and do. Im just not a very pleasant person to be around at the moment.

Archived