CrazyBoards.org

I'm not an animal,I'm a human being,or not

Hello Everyone:

I'm so glad I found this site!  :P I have just gone on Wellbutrin SR 4 weeks ago for depression.My first major depression was nine years ago. I was put on Paxil. I've been on and off med.'s with each reacurance. I have also been on Celexa.I was fighting to stay off med.'s for a year and a half,but when I went to see my doctor I had to admitt that I felt like dying everyday.I really just felt like such a looser for not being able to be "normal"! ;) Then I happened to come across this guy named Jerod who said,"keep taking your crazypills", and this site!Wooot! I don't feel so alone now. All your sence of humor is just grand, and is one of the first things that caught my attention. Thank you all.

Otherwise, I'm a 37 with two smart daughter 15 and 17. One and only loving husband of 17/18 years.Two cats one black, the other calico(my daughters).I'm not working, volunteering, but hopefully with this med. that will change. My husband and daughters are very suppostive. Now, maybe with the support of others like me, continuing on medication won't be such a struggle. hugs deb :)

Welcome aboard Debster, glad to have you here.  I also started Wellbutrin SR about a month ago, so far no joy, but will give it time.  Just started 300mg, was taking 150mg, then 250mg.  I like to go up slowly to hopefully avoid some of the side effects.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.  Stay well, Sulu

Hi Debster. Welcome! Nice to have you. This is a great board, it is so nice to be around other people who have many of the same issues, problems, and concerns as you. Good luck on the Wllbutrin, it seems to be a good one. (I do celexa myself.)  Scratch those kitties for me!      SP

Debster, it is hard to answer whether I've been doing well for a couple of reasons.  I just severed relationship with sister, tomorrow will be 2 years since my very best friend died. am totally without peer support and I also don't have a car anymore and am totally dependent on others to go anywhere. Wah!  So I know a lot of my depression is aggravated by situation.  I have been suicidal a lot since starting Wellbutrin but it coincides with so much other stuff, I am going to continue for at least another week.  When I awoke this morning I wasn't in tears.  Good sign? I hope so.

You mentioned taking one dose in morning the other at night.  Talked to my pharmacist who said night time dosing with Wellbutrin was not a good idea.  It is designed to give you a "lift"  and therefore would be wasted if taken at bedtime.  At least that is how I remember it, made sense to me at the time.  So I take 150 when I get up (around 9 am) and take the second 150 at around 3 pm.

If you have gone this far I reckon you might as well give it awhile before giving up, sometimes it just takes longer with some of us.  Keep me posted on how you are doing, Sulu

Hello Sulu:

I know things get overwhelming, and I hope thing calm down for you. I went really down on Wellbutrin. I was suisidal very early on the med., and have been basically having just the worst negatives reactions, anger, hopelessness, overwhelmed, freak-outs basically! Hardly any good stuff. I've been on it for 35 days. Have been on an uped dose for 4 days. Right now I actually feel optimistic, but that might be from talking to you! ;) to quote Martha " and thats a very good thing".

My doctor said that all this negative stuff is normal on this med. Some people just go down on it. My pharmacist says that it takes time to get the "endorphines" working.  Well, I think it was endorphines........ Well, takes time to work!

So I'm going to perserver for a while longer.

I hope it is working for you! No tears is a good sign! :)

Yay, I just might try that 3:00 dosage! I was just taking it at night 'cause kept me from having insomnia. I haven't had any problems sleeping for a while. So, ya I think I will. Nothing to loose, thanks a bunch!  :P

May I just say how great a speller you are, or do you have some method of checking it?

Talk to you soon.......deb

Thanks Debster, spelling not what it used to be but it was something I was always good at. Before meds I thought maybe I should have been a proofreader somewhere.

I am at about the same place regarding Wellbutrin, my pharmacist agrees that I should give it longer to really kick in.  I guess I'm still at the wobbly stage, ha.

Hey it is funny how we both seem to be experiencing the Wellbutrin the same way. Talking with you helps me too.  Stay well and keep me up to date. Sulu

Hello Sulu:

Look forward to hearing from you also.Yestarday, I was okay in the morning, but the afternoon back to crazy. I'm getting pretty tired of myself, but everytime I want to give up something spures me on.

My 17 year old daughter is a real brain. Gets it from her father. She corrects my spelling and my spoken grammer. " Mom, that's a double negative." :) Well, I guess it's helpful, 'cause now I catch myself.

I think I have one more week with this double dose and then I think I will have to go on something else. I really don't want to, but it will be 6 weeks. See what happens. Fingers crossed! ;)

Have you read the comments about Tom Crues(sp) in here. Very interesting and sad. I can't remember what part it's in, though.

Hey, how is your memory? Mine sucks! Forget things in five seconds.

Hope today is a good day for you. Probably log in tomorrow. Talk to you soon.          deb

Deb, today is a better day for me than yesterday, which was better than the day before.  Today I actually had a shower, made my bed, put away my winter clothes, and filled a bag of clothes for recycling.  I wonder is it the drugs working or just the regular cycle that seems to happen with me no matter what meds I am on.  Don't know but I am grateful for any good days that I get.  Hang in there, we'll get better or die trying, ha ha ha. Yes I read all the stuff about Tom, what a jerk! My memory isn't very good either, I go to the kitchen and forget what I am there for.  Glad you have a bright daughter, I think having children helps you to hang on to life harder than if you don't.  I only have a cat but she keeps me hangin in here.  Stay well, Sulu

Hello Sulu:

Same here, Idon't know if I am getting better or not. This is the second day that I feel "okay". Little anxious in the afternoon, but now okay again.

The advice about taking one pill in the morning,and then one in the afternoon seemed to help! :) The first day I tried it I had a insomnia night, but figured I would give it another try. Took them the same way again, but slept pretty good. Sort of woke up, then went back to sleep. Almost like I was checking on myself. Funny.

Having kids makes it harder, at least for me. I know when I'm spiraling down into depression 'cause I start to dislike my kids, my house, my cats. The older they get the more I worry about them, how will they pay for post secondary, and other crazy stuff! I often think that I would have been more steady without them. I know that is blasphemous, but that's just how I feel. Well, at the moment. They really deserve better.

Anyway, I can't decide if I should stay on this board to talk to you or keep going back and forth. Guess it doesn't matter.

Excuse my spelling....awww...it's not my strong suit. ;)

Maybe we are getting better! Here's hoping. Talk to you soon. deb

hey deb, nice to meet you!  welcome the the ward!  ;)

you seem really great and I am glad that you found us.  you will find out that most of us are very supportive, friendly and helpful to each other.  Welcome aboard!

~Ophelia

Archived