CrazyBoards.org

I'm on Wellbutrin SR 150mg for just over 4 weeks. My doctor and my husband wanted me to go up to another 150mg.....why?...well I was a really bad,and not in a good way. Anyway, I really wanted to wait 4 week to give it the time it needed to work.

...so does that mean that you're taking 50 mgs three x/day, or 150 in the morning, or what?

How's your anxiety level doing on the Wellbutrin? If you're ok on that score then upping the dose is probably a good next step. But if you're taking the current 150 mg. dose all at once, then don't double it, take it 4 - 6 hours later.

Better yet, ask your doc exactly how he wants you to increase the dose.

Have you talked to your doc about the XL version? I like it because I only have to think about it once a day, first thing in the morning.

Greeny

If you doctor thinks you need to take a second Wellbutrin SR 150, and if you think it is helping and you are not having any bad side effects, it seems worth a try at least. I have taken Wellbutrin SR 150mg as often as 3 times a day. I then switched to the SR 200mg twice a day. Before I stopped taking Wellbutrin I was taking the newer Wellbutrin XL 300mg. Like Greeny said, it is nice only having to worry about one pill a day. I have never taken Wellbutrin that was not substained released (SR) or extended release (XL) so I can't speak to the non-time released form.

But everyone's mileage is different from different meds. It may be that twice daily dosing at Wellbutrin SR 150mg is the way to go for you. If you doctor has suggested it, and your husband sees positive changes at your present dose compare to no Wellbutrin, ask you self what you would like to do and discuss it with your pdoc. Although I would take your pdoc's opinion over your husband's, better left to the experts. 

Erika

Greeny:

I take one 150mg just before bed. Anxiety is okay. I think I will take the second 150mg in 4 to 6 hours later. I'm a bit scared about uping it, but I think I will try. Thanks so muchfor the advice. deb

Erika:

Thanks for the information. Sorry about my posting. I'm still trying to figure it all out. Anyway, 150mg just before bed. Everyone else is saying to up it, so I guess I will. Still a bit scared. Try it tomorrow and see what personallity I get out of it. Thanks so much again.  deb

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone:

I did up my dose to 150mg at 7 in the morning and 150mg at around 3 o'clock,of Wellbutrin SR. I've almost been on this dose for two weeks and I'm think I am finally feeling better!

Thanks so much for everyones help. I probably would have given up on the pills if it weren't for you all.

I have a new doctor that is better able and willing to make changes to my med.'s if I feel the need.

I may go up another 150mg, but now I won't be scared to do so.

Thank you......hugs! ;)       deb

Archived