CrazyBoards.org

This is my first time here

If there is anyone out there who would like to interject about their experience w/ BPD or the like, I'm all ears. I had  suicidal tendencies last night, the first time ever, for REAL. I'm dragging my boyfriend through the mudd, he's bipolar 1... medicated. I have so many questions about what it all means. Like to take the step of seeing a shrink and asking for medical assistance. I'm currently in therapy, but haven't been for very long. My manic/rapid cycling creeps up on me from the dark, but the episodes are becoming closer and closer together. I'm hurting those closest to me and have decided to take the meds step. Any words?

I did not see your post until today, my apologies.

I've had various dx. Dysthymia, MDD, GAD, and most recently BPD. I have found BPD to be the most helpful dx of all, because it allowed me to accept my emotions while learning how to handle them better. I ended up in DBT and it's been great.

I am actually reducing my meds (Wellbutrin, Lexapro, and Klonopin) since this type of therapy has been so useful. (I was in traditional therapy for eons.) While I don't expect to be unmedicated any time soon, or maybe ever, this is the best I've felt in a very long time.

Probably a good med or med cocktail, and the right therapist would be most helpful to you. Get a referral to a pdoc and tdoc.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Archived