CrazyBoards.org

Do they make you get an MRI if you have migraines?

The question is in the title. ;)

Best,

Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not really sure if you would right off the bat.  You could if you didn't respond to prescribed treatment.  Has anyone else ever had this procedure done as part of an initial investigation?

Karen

Has anyone else ever had this procedure done as part of an initial investigation?

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did as my workup. Symptoms at the time were daily headaches (I still can't seem to call them migraines.) and wierd numbness on the right side of my face and upper right arm. The neurologist called it my aura.

(Speaking of which, Scarlet Faery, how are your eyes?)

So, the neurologist had me take an MRI and gave me amitriptyline to take for a month or so. MRI came back fine. It was actually a positive and interesting experience - one of these days I want to see if I can get a copy of it.

Ruins

Everytime I wake up, I see those damn trails.  Don't know what that's all about.  I think it's my meds messin' with my head.  I see them more at night because of the darkness, but even now, since I just woke up...went to bed at six this morning, I can see them, just not as well in daylight.  I couldn't get in to see my doctor any sooner than my August appt. so, I'll have her do blood work and all.  I have a feeling, since I've been asking my mother to do my blood sugar when I've been going up there, that I might have to go on a oral glycemic pill.  My blood sugars have been running a little on the high side.  It's proabably because I've gained a ton of weight during the winter and it's been awhile since I was last checked.  I dunno.  I certainly don't want to go through this right now.  I'd rather try and do the diet thing to control my blood sugar, but if I have to use an oral glycemic pill, guess I'll have no choice in the matter.  Dammit all to hell and back again.

Elizabeth

you can get the films - they are yours, the lab has to give you the films if you ask for them. I have mine, I would love to post tem online but they don't scan, so I don't know how to get them to show up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My neuro had me have an MRI after my first appointment.  At that point, I was having daily, day long migraines.  Now I am taking Topamax and am having nightly, shorter ones. ;)

I would love to get copies of both my CT and MRI.  They were both negative, but I would still like to have them.

Everytime I wake up, I see those damn trails.  Don't know what that's all about.  I think it's my meds messin' with my head.  I see them more at night because of the darkness,

Same thing here - started when I upped my dosage of Topamax to 100mg.  It really freaks me out when I go outside.  I see trails everywhere.

The first time I had a migraine (about two years ago), I went to the emergency room because I knew I'd probably get an MRI on the spot - I was sure I had a brain tumor or something. I knew if I went to my GP, I'd get the "take two asprin and call me in the morning" routine and that I'd worry and worry.

Archived