Is It Betrayal to Discuss Your Relationships In O

My husband and I both think it's okay with doctors but he's uncomfortable with forum/friends and has said as much so I limit the amount that I share.

But if I really need to talk about it-I'll share anything with the doc and 1 close friend that knows not to mention it to him or her own husband because the two guys are good friends.  My husband does know that I tell her a lot more than most and we've agreed it's our compromise....I won't chat about personal relationship with anyone else out of respect for his wish but I will chat with her and she keeps it confidential.

Igloo

I'm impressed with your integrity!

There have been times I never even questioned talking about my "stuff" with friends.

Over the years though, I have become more conscious about it though....I think it would depend on what we're talking about.

Like, am I pissed because he keeps leaving dirty dishes in the sink?  Or am I pissed because he can't get it up?  Big difference there.

I think more and more I like to honor my significant other (and I don't have one right now so that makes this easier!!!) by trying to resolve conflicts between ourselves and when needed, a therapist.

Am I being too idealist???

Rhonda

I feel like it is Ok to vent here. You can get a lot of different views and experiences. I still think you need to work it out with that person. But venting can give you an outlet while you are trying to calm down or think of what you want to say. I wouldn't let it be my only outlet.

Also, you don't have to go into great detail if it is something very personal. Just my opinion though. And you know what they say about those!

I have been helped more by my online friends and acquaintances than anywhere. I don't think it's betrayal at all.  In fact, if you really want to discuss relationships and saving your marriage, go to:

http://www.divorcebusting.com

and join the message boards there. It's intense, and they'll tell you to read their books, but you'll get real good help there.

Archived