I've been on Lamictal for Bipolar II since January, up to 200 mg by the end of February.

I also take Klonopin, as needed, up to 3mg a day, but more often than not, I'll just take .5 or even none.  I've been on the Klonopin for almost three years now.

About a month, month and a half ago, I started to get wierd deja vu, about nearly everything.  I've had short-term memory problems since starting the lamictal, so I thought for a while that I was just forgetting that I'd said or done things before, and poeple were just being polite.

At some point a few things happened that I felt positive had happened before, but I am also positive that they could not have - life changing kinds of things.  Now I don't know what's real anymore - I can't recall at all what conversations I've had with people, what I've gotten accomplished at work, what questions I've asked before, what books I've read - everything seems familiar.

The question is, is this a known side-effect of lamictal?  [i can't find anything about it - if anything it's supposed to *cure* deja vu, but probably for people with a different diagnosis than mine.]

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Is prolonged deja vu an indication of any other medical issues that I should ask my doctor about?

Do you know of anything that has helped alleviate this symptom?

Sure I've read this post already...

Mmm. Not sure, really. Glad you mentioned short term memory probs, as I can't remember what I'm writing about. Also I think I have said stuff, but I haven't, I only thought I did, or I asked something already, but don't remember asking or getting an answer. Is that the lamictal, then?

this thread is kinda funny because today i had a really vivid deja vu expeirence at werk.  i thought that what we were talking about already happen months ago.  i almost said something, but i forgot what happen...  oh yeah  i am also on lamictal.  and i think i have memory problems, like if some one asks how was your day i don't know, so i guestamate.

I had deja-vu like a mutha before I ever took meds. Sometimes I would swear they were omens or visions of the past. Seems like they have subsided since I started taking meds.

Oh..and I bought two houses that I dreamed of in the past. When I had deja-vu I knew it was the dream and acted on my hunch. Both buys worked out quite nicely. Goes to show you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew I had seen

this thread before. ;)

I have experienced Deja Vu

most of my life

from a simple

recognition of a place

or situation

To a world stopping blur

that leaves me

stunned as I mesh

into the scene