CrazyBoards.org

Moving...and freaking

this is the first time this has happenned to me...I started having aniety attacks several years back, but they have steadily gotten worse over the years. I ussually post in the seizure board, and I posted about this in my springer thread today, but I felt it more appropriate over here.

I am moving tomorrow. I have had mild aggoraphobia(sp? sorry bout my spelling folks, Im on topamax)...and this is honestly the first time I can say Im having the most difficult time with moving. Ive lived in my current residence for about 2 and 1/2 years, and after a bad relationship, Im moving on...Im on disability now for...bipolar, anxiety disorders and epilepsy...but this whole process has caused severe panic attacks, around the clock...out of nowhere...the kind of adreneline rushes that hit my chest, like when you are almost hit by a car. I'll be trying to sleep or packing, or watching a little TV, then whammo. Ive lost weight. I have no energy, I feel depressed...I still have alot to do before the movers come tomorrow morning and I feel like I have weights on me. I just feel like my whole world is upside down....I was excited at first, and then this overwhelming panic/fear set in...like nothing I expected. I have moved before, and have been in situations that werent real cozy before too....I have no idea why my mind...and body...is reacting this way.

Lisa:

This is a little late, but try and take time out today, to just breathe. When I get like that, and I do A LOT, I have to step outside my business and walk away for a bit. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. SLOWLY. Several times.

The thing with panic attacks is, we are holding our breath and we don't know it. So, that catches up with you. I "sigh" a lot and my husband thinks I am mad. I told him, no, this is my anxiety disorder, I forget to breathe. Same thing.

So while the movers are there, just remove yourself every once in a awhile and step outside and breathe. I know you, and I know you love nature. Focus on a bird. Watch what they are doing, how they are going about their day. Focus on everything about that bird for just a minute or two, you won't be missed and it will calm you way down.

Do the same tonight in your new place. It will be mayhem. Take time outs. Go outside, breathe, and focus on a flower, think about painting it, how lovely it is.  Take a deep breath, feel the calm all the way to your toes, and then go back in. It works, I have done this.

I'll be around, pm me if you want to. I am panic attack queen.

Breeze

I have anxiety big time when moving my therapist says it's because when I was a child my parents (both bp) would throw me into new situations without properly preparing me leaving me on edge and totally anxiety ridden. It seems like your body is a storehouse for all of the emotions that didn't get dealt with. I'm a smoosher. I'll push emotions away til they're coming out of my ears. But with anyone it's YMMV

Lilie

Archived