Need PsyDoc Recommendation in NJ

Hello all,

I am currently seeing a very nice guy, (about 6 months now) but I don't think he is really effective in getting my depression and OCD and panic under control. He just throws me med samples and doesn't offer me anything to counteract side effects as I see some members seem to get from their docs, etc. or seem to follow what class of meds I need. I also have read here about brain scans, and after 2 years of unsuccessful med therapy,  I would think he should be more proactive.

For example, I have had bad experiences with SSDI's and he gave me Prozac to try this time around.

ANyone from NJ can recommend someone I can see? I'm slipping very deeply into that deep, dark cave and need help really soon.

I am not from NJ but if you do not get a recomendation, you can call the APA, American Psychiatric Association. They could possibly be online with info for your state. Hope you find someone that works for you.

Sondra

Good advice.  We can't really reccommend someone for you because everyone has their own needs, and everyone gets along differently with their docs. Kablume has the best and fastest idea. Get online, and get pro-active. It's your health and your dime.

In the meantime though, you'll find that we can help with what is a "good thing" and a "bad thing".  Man we have so much experience as a group, I think we could form a gang, or something.

Good luck, you'll find the right doc. And talk it up here, you will find there is a lot of help for you here. We just can't give you meds, or professional advice.

Breeze

Archived